New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

picking it up tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:35 PM
LouP
Unregistered
Default picking it up tomorrow

Hi,

A newbie here. I am picking up my new 08 EX-L with navi tomorrow. Guess I'll be going for a long ride this weekend. All in all I think I did OK except I had to settle on a second choice for color. Seemsyou guys already picked up the polished metallic versions and there were only 14 in all of New England as of last night, none of them close. I wound up with a mystic metallic green. It lookednice on the lot, I hope I am not dissapointed with the color. Regardless, I love the new Accords. I hope it doesn't take too long to learn all the bels and whistles. Anyone with navi update it every uear? If not, how often if ever?

Later,
LouP

Old 04-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Administrator
Default RE: picking it up tomorrow

Hello New Member LouP..post a picture of your car when you can...
Thank You for joining...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-26-2008, 12:34 AM
LouP
Unregistered

Well, my first day with my new Honda and I love it (the Honda that is). I actually like the color I got much better than the one I originally wanted. It looks much different in person and better than any pitcure in the promo book or on the internet. I actually had perfect strangersnodding their approval today. My last car seemed to change colors as the sunlight changedduring the day and so does this one, love that. Lot to learn with the new car with the navi installed but I am getting there. My biggest complaint is not with the car but with my cellphone from Verizon. Verizon locks a lot of features out of their Bluetooth phones and while I could pair up the phone and use Handslink with no issueswhen making and receiving phone calls, I could not download my address book from the telephone. I hada similarissue when matching the telephone up to my Palm Pilot. So I have been adding phone numbers to my address book as I need them. The one odd thing I noticed is that even though there is a telephone number associated with an address entered for navigation purposes,Handslink does not seem to utilize that information whenusing the telephone unless you are using it for navigation purposes also. Like I said, a lot to learn.

LouP

Old 04-26-2008, 03:15 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: LouP
My last car seemed to change colors as the sunlight changed during the day and so does this one, love that.
My Bordeux Blue 5th gen Accord did that too. It could be black, grey, and blue all in one day! I certainly do miss it with my plain black car now.

Verizon locks a lot of features out of their Bluetooth phones and while I could pair up the phone and use Handslink with no issues when making and receiving phone calls, I could not download my address book from the telephone.
I think that's an issue with most phones. While Bluetooth is an amazing communications protocol, I'm still stunned at how many gizmos supporting the same feature don't work with each other.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:03 PM

Congrats on the new car. I can't help you with your nav question, didn't get that option. If you come across anything else about the '08, I will try to help you if I have had the same experience.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:06 AM
LouP
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: finch13

I think that's an issue with most phones. While Bluetooth is an amazing communications protocol, I'm still stunned at how many gizmos supporting the same feature don't work with each other.

This way they charge you for a feature that is already there simply by unlocking it on a more expensive phone

LouP