New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Please Help If Possible

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Default Please Help If Possible

I have a 2003 Accord Sedan with a 2.4 liter 4cyl/auto. I have been religeous about oil and maintenance. I am at 37,500 miles. Today the emissions malfunction light lit up, it is a little orange engine light. The car has been starting a little hard lately and the service engine soon light has been flickering on and off after every start up for a while, but other than that it seems to run well. Does anyone else have a 2003 2.4/auto with similar situation. I don't know much about cars and my warranty has expired. This is such a low mileage Honda I was surprised to see any trouble at this point. My boy friend and I are going to get the codes run but I would appreciate any feed back from others who are experiencing a similar condition.
Thanks So Much!

Old 01-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Please Help If Possible

Hi MartaH..

Welcome to the forums..
I would go to an Auto Zone or an Advance to get those codes run for free.

Again [sm=smiley32.gif] Welcome!

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

hey welcome. yea get the codes run and then let us know. there could be a number of different things wrong, ranging from something as easy as you not turning your gas cap tight enough.

lightshow

Old 01-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Hi...Did you go to get those codes read yet..If so come back and tell us what they are..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-14-2006, 02:02 PM

I am going with my boy friend today. Praying it is not something $. Thank you so much for the tip!

Old 01-14-2006, 05:16 PM

It is a code malfunction that exists in the heater circuit for 02 sensor 2 in bank one 02 sensor one is closest to the cylinder head. My boy friend said he is relieved it could have been worse. Anyone know where to get 02 sensors for these cars on-line?

Old 01-14-2006, 07:51 PM

go to ur honda dealer and order one, or anywhere sell OEM O2 sensor...dun get the cheap on, it not worth it...online, majestic honda sell it i think, i lost the website, try to search for it....

Old 01-14-2006, 08:12 PM

yep its best to get the oem honda sensor. you can go to checker or autozone and get one there too.

lightshow

Old 01-17-2006, 12:35 PM

THanks again for your tips. I already saved a great deal of money just avoiding the dealer for the code scan. My boyfriend is going to stick with the "OEM" like you recommedended. He is going to replace the sensor himself. He asked me to ask you guys if you have any install tips for him. He said 02 sensors are usually pretty basic but every car is differen't we don't have the manual yet. He said he is going to use a penatrant the night before to loosen it and then re-boot the CPU after he is done.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:45 PM

the metal that an oem o2 sensor is made out of is very hard. it will pop out very easily. depending on the location though......it may be a very wise decision to purchase the special tool that is used to take it out. if not, you can always just cut the wires, and stick a deep well socket over it.

lightshow

Quick Reply: Please Help If Possible