New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Proud new owner of a used 98 accord.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:37 AM
98blkaccordex
Unregistered
Default Proud new owner of a used 98 accord.

Hi everyone, I just picked up a loaded black 98 accord ex sedan. It has 76k on it. Got if from this lady in Milpitas who was gonna give it to her daughter, but her daughter wanted a G35 instead. Which she did in fact get it. Too bad I'm not rich like them.

Good thing she didn't want the accord, because I'm happy to own this fine piece of machine. [8D]It's in good shape, expecially the grey leather interior. There is a crack in the front bumper though, but I don't care. [sm=gobble.gif]I was looking for a reliable car before this, and had bought a used blue 97 Maxima SE V-6 5 spd. It was fully loaded (even more than my accord), but I was tired of driving the 5 spd. The clutch was TOO hard on traffic driving. The stick wasn't smooth either.[:'(] I got rid of it within 3 months. So I picked up this automatic accord. Couldn't be more happier. Drives like a dream. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

I now want to tint my accord. Any advise what % tint I should get??? I also need a club (so thieves can't drive away with it). Should I get the Club??? I will need an alarm system too, don't you think? I just hope nobody will even consider stealing this car. I will chop their hands off, (and maybe their heads too).[sm=guilty.gif]

I want this car to last me forever. I wonder if it really will last me forever??? I've never had a honda before, I'm hoping it will take me till 300k-400k miles. Am I pushing it???[&:]

Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Proud new owner of a used 98 accord.

welcome
you definitely should get an alarm I have the one with the autostart and the digital lcd pager
I have a club and a auto lock ( the one that locks on the brake pedal) also.
As far as tint it's up to you. What state are you in. How are the cops where you live. My car is in the gallery section adn I have 20% al around.
If you take care of your car it will last you a long time Hondas are very reliable I see early 80's honda's in NY al the time

Old 09-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Hi New Member..Welcome to the forums and we hope you like it here and keep on posting.

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-11-2005, 08:30 AM

welcome,
congrats on your find/buy and enjoy the car, as far as longevity, yu will get out of it what you put into it, i have a 2000 with at this point
as 125 k on it.
keep up with all maintainance, scheduled and otherwise and honda's will reward you with years of reliability.

ps the club, if a thief wants your car, the club is not going to deter them, they simply cut the steering wheel, get an alarm good luck