New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

saved a 93 accord from the crusher

Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Default saved a 93 accord from the crusher

....first, hello....
I just "acquired" a 93 accord for my daughter (she is in her second year of high school). The car was being taken to the local wrecker yard to be scrapped, I knew the driver and towing company owner and was able to save it from being scrapped. It (now) runs and of course needs some TLC....I have about 6 months to get this safe and clean for a high schooler's first car.
I am not a stranger to Honda, I have always swore by them and was actually looking for one for my daughter's first car. My wife and I inherited a 82 Accord from her father after he passed....needless to say we drove it for years until my wife graduated college. After the typical, brakes, clutch (my wife never drove a stick), exhaust..and a used transmission...we traded it in with over 376,000 miles and the thing still rode great!
I am not a professional mechanic, but I used to restore classic autos for a living. I am sure you guys will get tired of seeing my posts .....I hope to be able to pick some brains here and get this vehicle done. I will in turn will be able to add and assist with what experience and knowledge I have...
Thanks.....Rob

Old 10-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Supper Moderator

welcome Rob.
that will be a great honda for her. My 93 was my 2nd car and I will never let it go unless total it. It has more engines in her than I can count on one hand lol
Good luck and glad to see another cb7 on the forums

Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Welcome RobAxel..were glad to have you here in the forums of the HAf..

Thank You for joining with us.