New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Seems like a good forum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Default Seems like a good forum.

I read a couple of posts on this forum and liked how members responded, so I decided to join. Always nice to have access to information that is solid and without the usual drama found on the 'net.

Now, onto why I joined.

I just recently scored a really good deal on a 4 cylinder Accord SE. I think the color is graphit pearl? (It's a pretty dark gray/charcoal color, very nice) It had 15,096 and it got it down to $14700 before tax/license and extended warranty. The car is in fantastic shape, both inside and out. And I'm really impressed with how strong, at least to me, the 4 cylinder is. I test drove a V6, but didn't exactly like the color and felt that the V6 didn't offer too much over the 4 cylinder power-wise.

At any rate, I drive a lot and already have my first oil change due. It sucks, but I already put about 5,000 miles in two months. And due to my frequent highway driving, mostly highway, I noticed that the paint chips sorta easily. I am definitely going to have to buy a car mask/bra for my car.

Well, I hope to get a lot of good information here and look forward to meeting more Honda buffs.

Last edited by HondaAficionado; 03-31-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Welcome to the site!

We like to keep it fairly mellow around here and you won't find too much drama on here.

I agree, the V6 engines do not seem to offer a substantial power increase that would warrant the extra fuel consumption. Mayb e people buy them so they can say they have it? I don't know.

Have you looked into get a clear nose mask installed? It's basically a thicker, clear sticker that goes over the front end. They can get pricey ($300-700), but I think it looks a lot better than a black mask.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 PM

Welcome to forum..

What year is that accord?Pics?

Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 AM

Well, I sorta looked into the clear mask deal, but there's only certain places that do that. So, in addition to the cost of installing the darn thing, I'd also have to take some place some distance from where I live.

I understand what you're saying about the mask, but because my Accord is dark grey/charcoal/graphite (whatever it is), the mask will not stand out as much. Plus, I really need something for it ASAP, as I've already found several dings due to rocks/debris, etc.

I was also looking for a mask that had mesh over the grille/lower air dam, because there are A LOT of bugs in my area (central valley=lots of agri land), which end up on the radiator. I've been succesful in getting the bugs off though with a water hose, so far, though, but no so successful in finding a mask with mesh over the air dam.

And, by the way, how do I do it to add my car info as part of my posts?

Old 04-01-2009, 12:02 AM

User CP,Edit Signature.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by cjdm98
Welcome to forum..

What year is that accord?Pics?
It's a graphite, 2006 SE (four cylinder). As posted above, I got a killer deal on it, at least I think I did, and it's in superb condition. Sorry, but no pics...yet.

I don't know if I plan on doing anything to it, though. I really like it as is. Maybe just tint the passenger and driver side windows, as the car came with the rear three windows tinted (it was a very good job, to boot). However, to tell the truth, I WAS sorta thinking about adding some 18" BBS rims and possibly going with a lowering kit, a no BS kit that actually improves handling, not just for looks, but I don't know yet.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 AM

Good choice,I assume its a manual.I respect the conservative views on modifications.I too frown upon cars slammed to the ground and 34" rims.And neon lights or whatever these youth are doing now a days.

On the flipside,if you do plan on doing anything,MOST of us here actually know how to point you in the right direction.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by HondaAficionado
However, to tell the truth, I WAS sorta thinking about adding some 18" BBS rims and possibly going with a lowering kit, a no BS kit that actually improves handling, not just for looks, but I don't know yet.
That, my friend, is what I like to hear. If you don't want to spend $4,000 on some new BBS wheels, cjdm98 says that the 07-08 Acura TL-S wheels were designed by BBS and are probably made by them too (if not, then by Enkei). They bolt right up with the proper fitment and everything.

Pretty good looking as well!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 AM

Nope, it's not a manual. I got tired of driving manual after my 8 year stint with my 5-speed Civic.

As for the mods, yeah, I can't see myself rollin' and twenty-two's. LOL. But, hey, different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 AM

Indeed. Just dont Wreck the Accord..lol

Quick Reply: Seems like a good forum.