New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Thinking of buying a account. sell me one!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 PM
jmichael99
Unregistered
Default Thinking of buying a account. sell me one!

been debating between the ex-l v6 and a cobalt SS. sell an accord to me. I have a friend that works at a dealer and says he has seen some tranny problems with the accords v6 model. i would be getting the 6speed mnuel if i did get an account.

if i got a car now it would be the cobalt.. i would have to save for the accord model. no way i could afford $600 monthly payments.

my current car is a 2003 monte carlo ss with 197000 miles on it. needless to say im gonna need a car soon.

for someone who has drove both is the accord gonna throw me back into the seat like a cobalt does?

Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Gotta classify on the Year accord and cobalt ss you are looking at. The 1998-2002 accords (Auto) All have tranny problems. The newer automatic accords are 5 speed autos now and are a bit more reliable. Now if you are talking about the 08-09 cobalt SS I would take one in a heartbeat! That thing is fast! Front brembo calipers, no lift shift, digital performance display FTW!! But I couldn't afford it so I got a prelude instead lol. Don't get the lower year SS's that are supercharged because they are super slow, the accord would **** all over it! Hope that helps a bit!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
jmichael99
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Vipers4Life
Gotta classify on the Year accord and cobalt ss you are looking at. The 1998-2002 accords (Auto) All have tranny problems. The newer automatic accords are 5 speed autos now and are a bit more reliable. Now if you are talking about the 08-09 cobalt SS I would take one in a heartbeat! That thing is fast! Front brembo calipers, no lift shift, digital performance display FTW!! But I couldn't afford it so I got a prelude instead lol. Don't get the lower year SS's that are supercharged because they are super slow, the accord would **** all over it! Hope that helps a bit!

09-10 on both models

but someone on accord forum telling me to get a cobalt does tell me alot lol the 2 SS's i drove so far throw me into the seat when i push on it..my v6 doesnt do that now lol

Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Administrator
Question What Kind Of Account Were You Thinking Of Buying

Originally Posted by jmichael99
been debating between the ex-l v6 and a cobalt SS. sell an accord to me. I have a friend that works at a dealer and says he has seen some tranny problems with the accords v6 model. i would be getting the 6speed mnuel if i did get an account.

if i got a car now it would be the cobalt.. i would have to save for the accord model. no way i could afford $600 monthly payments.

my current car is a 2003 monte carlo ss with 197000 miles on it. needless to say im gonna need a car soon.

for someone who has drove both is the accord gonna throw me back into the seat like a cobalt does?
Sorry I couldnt help that..Welcome to the forum New Member!

WheelBrokerAng

Old 11-06-2009, 01:21 PM

I would worry about reliability issues with the Cobalt. I would always worry about a 4cyl cranking out that kind of power. I doubt it would last much longer than 100k. Plus it is ugly as sin.
I would go with the Accord. The only transmission issues I know of with Accords are the 98-02 Automatics and the 03-07 six speed transmissions are reported to be "notchy" - reportedly hard to get in 3rd gear if you are trying to speed shift.
Never heard any complaints about the 08-09 manual trans.