New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Thinking of trading in for an 06 Accord -- need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Deraj090
Unregistered
Default Thinking of trading in for an 06 Accord -- need advice!

Hey all,

Brand new to this forum. I'm thinking of trading in my 07 Mazda3 for an 06 Accord. I can't decide which model I should set my sights on...

I want to keep my out-of-pocket as low as possible (since I don't have much to work with!) and have been getting offers around $12,500 - $13,500 for my car.

Should I be looking into the LX-SE? Will I be able to afford the EX? I'd most likely want the 4-cyl, since I don't think I'd be able to afford the 6-cyl. (looking for as close to 36k miles as possible).

What should I be trying to negotiate the price down to? Also, any reasons I shouldn't go for the 06 Accord? I understand this is a biased question, but would definitely appreciate your honesty (i.e. how is the acceleration, handling, etc).

Thanks guys!
Jared

Old 11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

I've never driven a Mazda 3, so I'll have to be biased.

Accord = bigger, more comfy back seat (does that matter to you?)

Mazda 3 = smaller, more nimble car? (maybe more comparable to a Civic)
You can get stickier tires & even get a suspension kit for the Accord, but it's still gonna be heavier than a Mazda 3.

You mention the EX... how important are the luxury features to you? Me, I'd want the sunroof, but I could care less about motorized seats, etc.

I'd get a manual transmission just because Honda makes excellent manuals. (And I don't like automatics of any kind.)

Old 11-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hello New Member

That choice can be made more after you drive both cars, if you already havent..My daughter has a new 2009 Mazda 6- and it really is a sharpe car and does scoot pretty good..Your Pick

Old 11-15-2009, 07:55 AM

I dont want to step on toes and start a Chevy vs. Ford deal but back in 2000 I worked at Ford as a manf engineer and could get my parents a Mazda for employee cost and they bought a Mazda 6. Was a terrible car and they sold it soon after factory warranty ran out. Older Mazdas were pretty good cars, newer stuff not so much. Like I said, dont want to offend, that just my opinion.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
lilytek
Unregistered

Depends on what you like. I've always loved Accords over Mazda's a little bit more comfy of a ride. And yea with the other poster, the manuals are awesome. I also prefer the accord 2 door coupes too over the 4 door sedans, but it's your choice, but I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you buy one.