New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Trying to buy Accord EX with Sensing - availability issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Default Trying to buy Accord EX with Sensing - availability issue

Hi there!

I'm a serial Honda buyer - this will be my third Honda in over 30 years. I've decided on the Honda Account EX with Sensing. The problem is, I've been told that Honda isn't making many of them, so it had to be special ordered from the factory.

On Feb 13, when I put down a deposit, they told me it'd be 8-12 weeks before they could deliver. I was OK with that.

On March 19, the sales rep emailed me and said that the car was "currently being made." From what I've learned since then, it should take only 2-3 weeks after that point for the car to be delivered.

It's now April 29, and the rep says he can't commit to when it will be delivered - probably sometime in May, but he can't say when.

I really want this car, but am shocked that it's this hard to get it. Any advice? Shouldn't the dealer be able to find the delivery date in the On Order Dealer Report by now? Should I give up on the Sensing package? Should I go to another dealer?

Thanks in advance for your help!