New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Waiting for my Accord

Old 02-18-2006, 09:20 PM
mark6mt
Unregistered
Default Waiting for my Accord

I'm Mark, and I currently have an Accord on order. I'm trying to get a 2006 Accord EX V6 6MT sedan. This isn't an easy car to find! I hope to be able to contribute once my car comes in.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Waiting for my Accord

a sedan???????? niceeee. yea let us know when you get that baby

Old 02-18-2006, 11:47 PM
mark6mt
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: lightshow

a sedan???????? niceeee. yea let us know when you get that baby
What can I say? I've got two kids, but I enjoy driving when they're not in the car. The Accord seems the perfect mix - reliable, reasonably affordable, and great features in the EX. Plus, when I'm by myself, 180 watts on the stereo and 244hp under my foot. The 6-speed is really nice.

My dealer has requested one for me - there need to be 40 orders in the queue, then they'll do a build. I'm really looking forward to it.

Mark

Old 02-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

that was like my car. my 91 ex wagon had to be special ordered with the manual and a certain amount of requests had to go through before they would build it.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:34 PM

THEY HAVE ONE AT THE HONDA DEALER IN MARYLAND ON RICHIE HWY. I FOR GOT THE NAME OF THE DEALER WHEN i GO HOME I'LL POST IT 4 U.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:21 PM
AccordCoupe2006
Unregistered

I was in a car dealer couple of weeks ago and they had couple of EX V6 6MT sitting in the lot. As a matter of fact, I test drove one. It's very nice, lots of power. The one I drove was in graphite color. They also had 4 EX V6 5AT. I am in CA and it seems like there is no shortage of EX V6 6MT here. I looked at the Infinite G35 coupe 6MT also and I got a quote for $31,950 before Tax and License. It looks more sporty; however shifting is not as smooth as the Honda.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:45 PM
mark6mt
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: AccordCoupe2006

I was in a car dealer couple of weeks ago and they had couple of EX V6 6MT sitting in the lot. As a matter of fact, I test drove one. It's very nice, lots of power. The one I drove was in graphite color.
I didn't give the whole story. I want a sapphire blue EX 6MT sedan. I drove a graphite one, too, but I decided that I wanted the blue. Since blue isn't silver, white, or black (the three most popular new car colors), I have to wait.

See http://automobiles.honda.com/assets/...mt_34FRONT.jpg

And, just to give the full story, I'm being picky about one other thing. I live in a state that doesn't use front license plates. My Acura Integra came pre-drilled for front license plates, and small plastic covers were supplied to cover the wholes if you weren't using them.

The 2006 Accord has a smooth front bumper that gets drilled in states with front license plates. There's no easy way to cover it if you're not mounting a plate. I really like the smooth front bumper, so this limited the dealers that my dealer could try to trade cars with.

(I also wish that I could get the Accord Hybrid tail lights so that I could have yellow rear turn signals, but I'll let that go.)

Intellectually, I realize that what I want isn't exactly mainstream, so waiting is the way to get what I want. Emotionally, I want to drive my new car! I'm looking foward to having automatic climate control, heated seats, and oh yeah, almost twice the power of my Integra.

Thanks for all of the ideas. I'm hoping that the wait won't be too long.

Mark