New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

What is it about the vtec you like

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Default What is it about the vtec you like

So im driving home on 287 tonight and some guy in a probably 2000 ex is pushing up the road.

gad to be same enging as mine 3.0 v6, palte was 9tee9 if you in here somewhere!!!!!

He and i echanged the lead for a good 20 miles pushing 80 to 110, it got me to thinking about
just how great a vtec is. I was wondering what the accord buffs out there have to say about their
vtec, one guy in this formun calkks it his "stock beast" good choice.

Who out there feels the vtec perfomes better in the 0 to 60 range, it is nifty, or where i like it

In the 80 to 120 range where if you punch it it still responds. since im thinking a putting a charger on mine, where while this increase my performance, accross the board or more so in one specific area.

How about top speed, wil the supercharger get you in the 140 range, i kinda top out at 120 125 right now.

as always i do appreciate the varied feeback from every one who responds.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Default RE: What is it about the vtec you like

I like the sound of the word itself....(immitating Homer Simpson voice)...mmmmm....V-TEC

Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 AM

i wish they made a supercharger for my car

Old 05-25-2005, 02:31 AM
Administrator

I agree with you for a Change Evlampius..I also like the sound of the name...V-Tec[sm=burnout.gif] WheelBrokerAng
ORIGINAL: Evlampius

I like the sound of the word itself....(immitating Homer Simpson voice)...mmmmm....V-TEC

Old 05-25-2005, 10:42 AM

I've got the 2.4l manual and I like the fact that it has low end grunt as well as punch from 4500 RPM on. All this with A-1 MPG, couldn't ask for more........except the V-6 six speed in the sedan!

Old 05-25-2005, 11:56 AM

I dont have V-tec!

Old 05-25-2005, 02:06 PM

<rant>

VTEC isn't some power thingy, it's for fuel economy at lower revs. it actually retards the timing below a certain RPM. so, when it opens up at 4k rpm or whatever, it feels like it's adding power, when it's really just giving back what it took away. AND, almost every car maker has a form of this in their cars now, so it's not like we're special (from bmw's VENOS system to toyota's VVTC, etc.).

</rant>

sorry to rant, but i wish everyone would shut up about how cool VTEC is. it's nice, but not for the reasons y'all keep mentioning. and yes, i have a 3L VTEC motor in my honda, and my last car was a VTEC civic (1.7L), so I do have some idea what I'm talking about.

-s

Old 05-25-2005, 02:23 PM

my vtec is ok I the top speed I've ever done is 110-120

Old 05-25-2005, 03:04 PM

i dont have a v-tec in my car but it does get up and go for a stock motor. I have outran some v-tec's around here. So my question is what is so good about v-tec's? I mean i raced my first v-tec thinking he was gonna kick my tail but instead i beat him by like a bumper or so. I recently raced my last one on the interstate also the other night on the way to school and he pulled up behind me after we got to school and wanted to know what i had under the hood and flipped out when he found out that his 2000 v-tec got beat by my just basic honda engine.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:22 PM

I test drove a caddy cts last week, a freind of mine, brand new, from the showroom 255 horse power, not sure of the other details,
first thing i noticed was the pick up was a lot slower than the vtec, even with what steev was saying about power benn taking awaw before the 4000 rpm level. Now i dont know the official times of thes cars but i know 0 to 60 i could get there faster than this new caddy
and that gas some extra horses on engine. just and observation, personally i love the vtec from the first time i drove it.

have to aks again though, will supercharege increas my top end speed or just get me their quicker, no problem wiht the latter of course

accordlowered 04, so what is in that thing?

Quick Reply: What is it about the vtec you like