New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Whut Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 PM
OTTER
Unregistered
Default Whut Up

Whats up peps, im Otter. New to the whole import world. Recently aquirred a 1994 Honda Accord 4 door. Its got the F22 motor with the single overhead v-tec. Ive read alot of tech articles on here already (been lurking for about 3 weeks) about power adders for this motor. Seems most people sway towards the H22 swap, I would rather upgrade everything in the motor to handle gobs of boost and tear theSNOT** out of it then replace it (I know makes no sence but thats just me). I would love to learn more about how too's on this car and other stuff. I guess I better not ask a question here and just post it in tech forum. Oh and I tried searching F22 motor, and swap or anything related to that motor and it comes back with no replies, somebody should check that out. But hope to get to know alot of you and hopefully make some freinds.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Default RE: Whut Up

Either, the swap or complete engine rebuild, will take a lot of work and time.

If youre dead set on the F22, then do a turbo setup. Replace the valves, cams, sleeve the block, pistons, and such. I know it has low compression from the start, but if you want anything over 15psi you will need to build it up. The most crucial thing is tuning, and Id suggest a shop to handle that.

I'd throw out $7k for estimating 400hp on it. That's a ballpark figure including everything I just said.

Also, what tranny does it have?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Hello new member...Welcome to the forum..dont forget to read the rules and post your post in their right forums...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
OTTER
Unregistered

thanks for the welcome, my bad about the wording in that, I see where you edited it. It has a 5 speed manual in it, I am dead set on the F22 (dont like swaps alot) but im having trouble locating engine internals for it.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

http//wwwf22partscom/

everything you could ever want for it

Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

for low boost & about 300 HP, you could turbo it as is to about 8 psi safely. Above that will require sleeving, bearings, pistons, rings and rods. You should also look into a G22/G23 build since the H22/H23 head flows better than the F-series one.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:44 PM

hey!! welcome to HAF..

we kinda have the same car exept i have an auto trans..i got a 94' accord vtec EX-Leather

yeah im also someday going to swap my auto trans to manual and boost my f22b1..but for now..i'll just leave it alone cuz i dont have the money to buy the parts...im still in college

Old 09-02-2008, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: ford

hey!! welcome to HAF..

we kinda have the same car exept i have an auto trans..i got a 94' accord vtec EX-Leather

yeah im also someday going to swap my auto trans to manual and boost my f22b1..but for now..i'll just leave it alone cuz i dont have the money to buy the parts...im still in college
wana trade? ill go back to college and you can get up everyday and go to work for me.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Fenix

hey!! welcome to HAF..

wana trade? ill go back to college and you can get up everyday and go to work for me.
are there as many hoochies at your work as college? if so i think we could work out a deal

Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

ORIGINAL: Fenix

hey!! welcome to HAF..

are there as many hoochies at your work as college? if so i think we could work out a deal
@Fenix

what do u do??i mean what's your job? im only complaining cuz school doesnt pay unlike work..dont get me wrong tho i love going to school cuz i get new people and i learn stuff..

haha...if only college pays you to learn as if your also working...that would be so awesome and i wouldnt be complaining anymore...

@live2rice

yeah dude..i would say theres lots of hot chicks here in my school...but IMO, Miami would be the greatest tho.., but hey..i still live here in Florida..so i guess that still counts=))LOL..