New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Yanhafm

Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Default Yanhafm

Greetings all!

For those that didn't get the secret decoder ring, Yet Another New Honda Accord Forum Member (YANHAFM).

I've decided to join since my 2008 EX V6 is being a challenge. I've had Hondas since the early 80's. A short stint w/an accord in '83 (totalled). An '85 1/2 prelude (one of the first PGM-FI) which at last notice was clocking in @ 376K miles. A '93 Accord Wagon which went to 279K before I passed it on and my latest beast is but a shadow of the quality of years past.

My intentions are to document the brake situation and my solution to U/G to slotted/ceramic rotors/pads (Centric). To Document the U/G to the intake system to a K&N series 69 cold air intake.

Recently, (Just today) I had the (good?) fortune to have my PGM-FI throw an error and I found out that Cylinder 1 was misfiring....After some inspections (At 12 degrees F....) It turns out the Spark plug was cracked. Looks like it was from day one. $23 @ Honda which is one of only two places I could find it.

Platinum plugs should not be corroded @ 60K.....I pulled four, and they all look like they are shot. I was lucky to find an online retailer to sell them to me for $10. (rockauto! Love Them!)

I will follow up more in the tech section once I get more info...fwiw 60K miles on this beast and replaced brake 3 times so far on the rear....

Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up Hello Supersniffy

Welcome New Member and Thank You for joining the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Yanhafm-21364131.jpg  

Search this Thread