New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Yeah, I'm new, so what? Wanna Fight about it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Default Yeah, I'm new, so what? Wanna Fight about it?

Hey everyone, I'm Taylor, or Phantom Gett.

I'm a new driver and my username is my Xbox Live GamerTag. Since I got my permit a year ago, and my license a month ago, I've been driving pretty much non-stop.

My ride is a 1995 (Automatic) Honda Accord EX Sedan. It was my grandad's. He took meticulous care of it, and as a result, the mechanics say the body will rust away before the engine does. I live in NY and anyone from there will know, that road salt is abundant in winter up here. My car has barely any rust, and besides that, it still runs great. It's been left off for weeks at a time and started up without a problem.

I'm not stupid and I don't speed or road rage (too much). But I would like to give my car maybe a little more power, because everyone around here thinks Accords are crap. Not worth the time or money. After owning one however, I can say that that is bull. I love my car. It's my first, and it'll be with me for a while.

But, other than that, there really isn't much to me. I'm NOT from the NYC by the way. I'm upstate. Anyway, I'm glad to be here.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Default RE: Yeah, I'm new, so what? Wanna Fight about it?

welcome, from a fellow newbie. There is some small things you can do to get some power into that thing. These things seem to thrive on air intake- so a cold air intake system might be up your alley. If you are even a little mechanically inclined, I'm sure you can install a simple intake system. Then there are exhaust mods (Header). Anything that makes the car breathe easier basically. I'm sure there is more, but I'm spanking new to this too.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Hello New Member Phantom and Welcome to the forums..Please take the time to do research in all the forums where you will find more than enough info on where to start out to get your car modded...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 AM

i have a 5th gen too, mine is the nicest around here

Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Thanks very much for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay here. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so I may need some help with the actual installation, but I was actually thinking about a cold air intake

Old 11-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

welcome to the forum!