Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

01 accord supercharge

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Default 01 accord supercharge

i have a 2001 honda accord ex l4 with about 91000 miles on wit with a aem short ram intake and a magnaflow cat back and wanted to know if their is any superchargers for the cdar and if its worth it and also if itll be bad on the engine or not

Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 01 accord supercharge

No there are no superchargers. Hasn't this been asked like 20 times already?

Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM

there's no superchager for the 4 banger that I know of. Is you car an auto or stick? If stick turbo it, if auto, turbo it but on a lesser psi.
Your engine is still good.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:40 PM

i'd def do a turbo, don't know much about em but maybe u could fab a supercharger....i was reading in honda tuning, it was an article about a supercharged mugen civic and it was going on about how honda owns n/a, does very well with the turbo now it's time to step into supercharging and maybe with that idea you could get something going
but turbo would be a better choice i'd think.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 AM

its a auto but i heard turbo ****s with the engine life n ****

Old 10-25-2007, 12:27 AM

hey, my car is turbo and it screws (plz change the f word w/ something else)the engine if u run too much psi and/or if u are always hitting the red line!!!! if u treat it w/ respect and floor it once in a while and when needed (racing, passing a semi, etc...) the engine does just fine... believe me man, u will have no prob, just make sure u get bak @ me 2 give u more info on the turbo job and pieces u need 2 purchace... and make sure u have either $$$ or a lot of time to purchace the stuff... it took me $2800 and 8 months 2 get it done... i did the work myself w/ the help of 2 friends, and it took me 4 1/2days and i was done...

Old 10-25-2007, 12:31 AM

ORIGINAL: streetcustoms

its a auto but i heard turbo messes with the engine life n stuff
any kind of modification to your car performance reduces the engine life to some degree

Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 AM

F series engines have cast iron sleeves. The lower end is good well over 300 HP. I've never really seen any definitive number for it, but it closely resembles the K series which can do 450 HP on the stock bottom end. While a turbo will theoretically shorten the life of the engine, it is just as likely to die from something else with how long it can last. Honda engines last forever; it's improper maintenance or overlooking something that kills them.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM

A supercharger would decrease engine life every bit as much as a turbo would. Both are forced induction, both are boost.Basically,a turbo spoolsvia the exhaust gases, supercharger spools viabelt driven blowerand willrob our 4cyl of a bunch of power before they actually make any power(hence why nobody puts them on 4cyl Honda cars-except for maybe an S2000). Once you know the basic concept of how they work, I don't understand why anyone would want a supercharger on a 4 cylinder anyway.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 AM

supercharger is easier on everything because it increases as the engine spins up and it is always on. There is no sudden spike in power output that can damage parts. This is why a SC is prefered over turbo for a delicate tranny (ie. - 6th gen V6)

Turbos are more fuel efficient since they are not active at low rpm's

Quick Reply: 01 accord supercharge