Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

04 accord v6 NOS nozzle placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
MarkGriff_04
Unregistered
Default 04 accord v6 NOS nozzle placement

i have a 2004 accord V-6, 6spd and would like to put a wetNOS systemon the only problem is where should i place the nozzle. it seems to me that the mass airflow sensor is in the thorttle body if i am wrong let me know where the mass airflow is.if this is the caes what should i do about the plasement of the nozzle and is there any way to move the sensor.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 04 accord v6 NOS nozzle placement

Get a throttle body spacer and drill into that. It mounts on the engine side of the throttle body. You will have the only use for this piece .... better off getting the kind without the screw threads, they don't do what they claim, just make noise.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
MarkGriff_04
Unregistered

i was hoping that i could do that but is says on the holly/NOS website that it should be between the mass airflow and the throttle body and i know that this is to keep the unused NO2 out of the heads and causeing a potentialexplosion. so if this is true and i want to keep from blowing up the top half of my enginethen is there any way to move myMAF out of the thorttle body and possiblyput it saytwelve inches down the intake pipe that way i can spray behind the MAFbut in frount of thethrottle body? if so what needs to be done?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:51 PM

The 2004 uses a MAP, not MAF sensor to determine air flow. It's #3 in the second picture.

Get a throttle body spacer and that will put your nozzle between the throttle body butterfly and the MAP sensor. Also the cleanest and easiest method.

Once the NOS shuts off, there won't be leaking NO2 in the throttle body unless the solenoid is bad. All "unused" NO2 is going to be in the tank or exiting your exhaust.

EDIT: Changed the pictures from 4 cyl to 6 cyl

Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
MarkGriff_04
Unregistered

i just went out and looked at my car which is a v-6 so it is a little different look i think but the MAF/air map sensor is in the same housing as the butterfly and it looks to bejust pastthe butterflybut still in the same housingisthis true

Old 11-07-2008, 04:13 PM

I would still get the TB spacer and put the nozzle in it. This would be closest to direct injection and won't mess with the signal the MAP sensor is sending to the ECU.

Sorry, I completely looked over what engine this was for. The pictures above are for the V6 6MT now.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 AM
MarkGriff_04
Unregistered

What it i were to remove the plug and tap in to my cold air intake with a different maf/map sensorsay something like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...ayphotohosting

and then i could spray behind that

another question for the fuel supplt where would you recamend pulling the fuel from? i used to have a civic and the fuel rail was easy access but this one looks a little harder to access where would you pull the fuel off from

Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: MarkGriff_04

... and i know that this is to keep the unused NO2 out of the heads and causeing a potentialexplosion.
Unused N2O out of the heads? First, there's 1 head in an inline engine. Second, once the nitrous is in the intake airstream, where do expect it to go? Ideal is to inject where the engine is designed to recieve fuel, aka - direct port. Insert shamless plug to N2O sale thread here.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:26 AM
MarkGriff_04
Unregistered

it is not inline it is a v-6 but if it is left in the heads with the fuel and there happens to be a spark 1 in a 1000 times i figure that would blow the top off the engine

say you are dragging your car and you have the nos set to flow at wide open and you get down the track and you run a sweet 12.8 hypathecly and you let off the gas rapidly cuz you need to stop now and the noss sprays just a little squirt more in to your heads and there is a spark and then boom you blow your top off

But if you have the same thing happen but you putthe nozzlein frount of the butterfly valve and you let off the gas rapidly and the butterfly valve slams shut and the nos squirts a little more in it is trapped in your intake pipe then there is a spark in there and you blow your 15 doller pipe off not a big deal.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:00 PM

1.) Nitrous oxide is liquid in the tank, gaseous in the intake plenum.

2.) Even when the butterfly closes, the remaining NO2 spraying out will bypass the butterfly and travel through the Idle Air Control Valve to the cylinders instead.

3.) If your engine is running, there is spark.

4.) NOS set to wide open at the track would only give you enough NOS to get down the track (10 sec worth) and then your 10lb. bottle is empty.

5.) The Holley/NOS direct port wet system used a microswitch mounted behind the accelerate to ONLY activate at full throttle, this means when you let off the gas, the circuit is broken and the solenoids ont he NOS bottle close. Ta da! No NOS.

Quick Reply: 04 accord v6 NOS nozzle placement