Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

08 v6 project

Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
brenzo
Unregistered
Default 08 v6 project

Hi all I'm looking for some advice on my new ride. I just purchased a 08 accord with a v6. I love the car but I can't leave well enough alone and I'm the type of person who doesn't go halfway. So I have big plans for this sweet car. My project will have to be split into stages since I'm not made of money. Stage 1 of course Engine upgrades. I would like to supercharge my new accord and also addupgraded intake, headers, and exaust. I've been searching around on the net and haven't been able to find a supercharger kit for this new car? Anybody know of one , or have advice on what I need to make this happen? Any ideas would be greatly appriciated. O and just so ya know stage 2 will be suspension and brake upgrades, and we'll leave the apperance stuff for stage 3. Thanks for the advice

Old 01-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 08 v6 project

new car = no upgrades, wait a few months, or a year and then maybe u'll get bolt-exhaust at a muffler ons... u can still do exhaust at a muffler shop......

Old 01-24-2008, 07:58 PM

Switch stage 1 and stage 2...

Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

Switch stage 1 and stage 2...
Agreed.... And I hope you dont plan on selling your car anytime soon because do aftermarket mods to a new/almost newcar will kill its resale value... Not to mention depreciation... Just saying

Old 01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
brenzo
Unregistered

Thanks for the advice guys. First off I know the mods might take the value down a little, but I plan on driving this baby tell the doors fall off. Which if it is anything like my last Honda, an 86 civic, that I sold a couple years ago still running with 256k miles on it, my doors might fall off first. So think maybe upgrade the suspension and brakes first. I was thinking of the Eibach pro kit for the suspension. What do you think? I know this will only lower my Accord an inch or an inch and a half, but since this will still be a daily driver that's plenty. I'm still researching brakes though. Any advice? I don't really know much about brakes. We'll work on the engine in few months. Also, do you think I may need to do upgrade anything else as far as the suspension is concerned? Thanks again for the advice.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:55 AM

They just came out...I'd wait atleast a year or 2 before trying to really mod it much. The manufacturers haven't caught up yet.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 AM

supercharging it already? that's pretty insane. u should at least have finished ur break-in period before u even put on a cold air intake.
i heard it's not good for ur car if u mod it early.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:21 AM

yea, the new 08's have apretty sweetnew suspension already. def break in the 08 before adding mods, will effect in long term. I dident even put a cold air intake until 15000 mils.

stage one= collect underpants

stage two= ?

stage three= profit

Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM

dude...... stage 2 is ebay.... everyone knows it....

Old 01-28-2008, 11:11 PM

you should have stages for your engine alone. for example: stage 1 - I/H/E. stage 2 - KPro engine management system & maybe a tranny cooler. then stage 3 - turbo/nitrous/supercharger (pick one...any type of boost). and then get it dyno tuned and THEN go to your appearance. do suspension first, you need to be able to handle the power before anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 v6 project