Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

1987 honda accord turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Default RE: 1987 honda accord turbo?

I dont have money to start like that either..I just think its senseless to put money into a car that will pretty much need new everything and then some for boost...rather pointless havin a car that isnt designed for turboswith only 6 pounds of boost ..as opposed to 20 on a stock turbo engine ...I was pondering putting a turbo in my 1990 accord but you know how much that would cost just to get it installed and tuned at a dyno!? **BLEEP BLEEP **
This is one of the many words we dont use in here...so why not buy a car thats ready for boost instead of spending aPOOP load money getting new pistons camsetc etcetc etc ...this isnt giving you guys "flak" just my opinion and if you dont like it well thats just too bad.

Continue to use any more Vulgar words and I Will Ban You For LIFE ***

WheelBrokerAng [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Nothing wrong with your opinion, just please use some tact when expressing it.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 AM

fair enough

Old 05-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Hello New Member..Thank You for joining the HAf..were as you can see...we dont use Vulgar Words..

Have fun in here..we all usually do...

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: smaglik

Nothing wrong with your opinion, just please use some tact when expressing it.
Well Put and Well said smaglik..Thank You for your post and comments...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

Who says its a worthless car? You? Guess what, bud, its not your damn car. Dont say other peoples cars are "worthless." Its rude and unnecessary. I have a high mileage 94, Im still modifying it. So what? I dont have the money to buy a new car, I work with what I have, and Im damn proud of it. Not all of us have the money to start with a great platform, it definitely doesnt mean that our cars are "worthless."
As usual Pose my Man, your words are tactful and wise! THANKS

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng
As usual Pose my Man, your words are tactful and wise! THANKS

WheelBrokerAng
I do what I can. Its just a really big pet peeve of mine when people talk down on other peoples cars, because I dont know about everyone else, but my car means a lot to me. Its definitely not the nicest car out there, or the fastest, but its MINE.

ORIGINAL: f22exr
I just think its senseless to put money into a car that will pretty much need new everything and then some for boost...rather pointless havin a car that isnt designed for turboswith only 6 pounds of boost ..as opposed to 20 on a stock turbo engine ...I was pondering putting a turbo in my 1990 accord but you know how much that would cost just to get it installed and tuned at a dyno!? .so why not buy a car thats ready for boost instead of spending aPOOP load money getting new pistons camsetc etcetc etc
A stock Accord engine can handle 8 psi. Thats enough for close to 225 hp, with some other simple mods and good tuning. No engine building required for that. Pretty much any engine out there is going to need internal work before it can handle 20 psi.

And you most certainly are entitled to your opinion, however, its just plain rude to say someones car is worthless.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 PM

hahahaha if you dont want ppl to swear put a filter on? not like this is some g rated forum that kids visit ( yeah take a cheap shot call me a kid ) but alright I wont swear ...seems odd you here swear words on TV which anyone can watch yet on the internet you cant swear..meh?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:06 PM

8 psi lol youd have to get a new wastegate spring cause they usually start at 10 and up...and my friend had a stock 4g63 talon motor and ran 20 psi non intercooled ..had a aftermarket rad though but thats it! drove the <explitive deleted> out of it and it was fine ...but hey "you're all entitled to your own opinions and beliefs."

Old 05-11-2007, 01:33 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

hahahaha if you dont want ppl to swear put a filter on? not like this is some g rated forum that kids visit ( yeah take a cheap shot call me a kid ) but alright I wont swear ...seems odd you here swear words on TV which anyone can watch yet on the internet you cant swear..meh?
The people who run the site decided that they dont want swearing on here. Its not that difficult. I curse a lot when I talk, and I can manage to find alternate words when Im posting here, Im sure you can do it too.

8 psi lol youd have to get a new wastegate spring cause they usually start at 10 and up...and my friend had a stock 4g63 talon motor and ran 20 psi non intercooled ..had a aftermarket rad though but thats it! drove the **** out of it and it was fine ...but hey "you're all entitled to your own opinions and beliefs."
Im going to go ahead and disbelieve that. I know those motors are tough, but I doubt that it could take 20psi for an extended period of time when you drive it hard. Not saying its impossible, just unlikely.

And if you want to see an example of a stock F22 turbo, look at mbo1985's car. He has had it set from six to eight psi, and it puts down at least 210 at the wheels.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040590/1

Quick Reply: 1987 honda accord turbo?