Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Another f22 turbo question vtec or non vtec???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Default Another f22 turbo question vtec or non vtec???

I just bought a 95 Accord Coupe.....was thinking of f20b swap but then started realizin i am not the saving type of person so thats outta the question now.....i was wondering if i was planning on puttin an f22 on around 20-25 pounds of boost...where would i start first??? dont treat me as a newb i know what im talkin about...i want opinions.....its a daily driver.....i was going to buy a f22 block then have it balanced, cleaned and honed for the beginnin....then do the internals.....rods n pistons....n valve spring n retainers.....i know its money im talkin but i can werk around dat....now for the head would it make sense to port n polish a non vtec head or p&p the vtec head??? tryna do around 350+whp with the option to go further and its not going to be driven on 25psi prolly around 10psi everyday so let me know

Old 12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Another f22 turbo question vtec or non vtec???

for that much boost on an F-series, you will need a full build: pistons, rods, block guard. Then you are going to need upgraded half-shafts because that kind of boost is going to make about 450HP. You should also have E-Manage for that setup and an MSD ignition with NGK double platinum plugs ..... if you want nitrous also, then you have no choice but to use ZEX plugs. The f22 turbo project has been covered extensively, so if you search for it on this site, you should find answers to all your questions. Also, please add the necessary car info to your profile signature for future posts.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:00 PM

His '95 is OBDI so it may be cheaper to chip an ECU or buy a reputable chipped one (I know some good places if you want) and then go to a tuning shop and have them tune it with Crome or Uberdata. I'll go take a look later and see if I can find some decent base tunes for a boosted F22 and probably 450cc or 550cc injectors.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:14 PM

E-Manage allows you to change the injector duty cycle ..... I think spark timing too, but I might be wrong on that.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:39 PM

im thinkin if i should just take the engine thats in the car currently because i have another car......but the problem is its a geo lol....but dont sleep its dohc i scrape lsv all da time with it but stilll its a geo......but still no one has anse=wered if it makes any sense for a turbo non v or turbo vtec f series???? i need to know that before i do something that doesnt make sense in the long run n plus i dont have money to waste.......

Old 12-13-2007, 04:17 PM

that last post needs to be clarified ..... IDK what you are saying other than your geo is fast (lol, that's actually one of the funniest things I've heard in a while!!). Please use clear, plain english so I know what you are asking and/or saying.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Take a look at this thread: F22 or F23 (boosted) The same issue is being debated, but not using that much boost.

falkore, it you can change the duty cycles with E-Manage then you should be able to adjust the spark as well. It wouldn't make to have one and not the other since they go hand in hand, especially with boost. I believe the higher RPMs you drive in boost the more retarded the spark has to be, but I'm not a turbo guy so I don't know.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:44 AM

What would he need upgraded halfshafts for? People have been using the stock axles on their boosted cars for years. Unless he plans on straight out drag racing the car, the stock axles are fine. There are more options out there than E-manage, especially since he's OBD1 he can get a P28 Ecu and have it chipped and run any of the free tuning software programs out there for half the price of E-manage. Double platinum plugs on a boosted car = bad things. He doesnt HAVE to use Zex plugs either. NGK BKR7E are available at any parts store and a helluva lot cheaper. You want a step 1 or 2 colder copper plugs, not platinum. An upgraded ignition isnt a must either, it can help but isn't totally necessary.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:45 AM

Why are plats bad for boost? That's one I haven't heard. The comment for ZEX only was refering to boost plus nitrous.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:07 AM

If it's an auto he'll need a P72/75 ECU, they have the ability to communicate with the TCM. A P28 will work fine if it's a manual. The only challenege is finding a tuning shop with the knowledge to use Crome or Uberdata, but they are both pretty straightforward.

Quick Reply: Another f22 turbo question vtec or non vtec???