Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   ebay turbo kit (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/ebay-turbo-kit-18043/)

00AccordGuy 04-24-2008 11:19 PM

ebay turbo kit

I want to get some more power out of my accord and ive been looking into a turbo kit, but i dont wanna spend 4 grand on a kit. so do you guys think that this would work, or be reliable. or maybe i could buy it and swap out some of the parts for better ones...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACCOR...39140181QQrdZ1

BlkCurrantKord 04-25-2008 07:53 AM

RE: ebay turbo kit

Wont fit.

live2rice 04-25-2008 08:00 AM

you cant expect to just spend $900 for a complete turbo set up and bolt it on and run it all day long at 10psi or whatever, your motor will blow so fast, esp seeing thats a poorly made kit. i would never buy a turbo kit on ebay.

considering garrett turbos can go for around $500 just for the turbo, expect to pay a little bit more.

you could always do a nitrous set up for about that much.

I think you need to do some reading, there are many threads on this forum about turbos

KevinAccord 04-25-2008 11:06 AM

wrong manifold and the downpipe flange is turned the other way around... read dude... there's a few recent posts about turbo, check them out... good luck

accord 95 06-05-2008 08:48 AM

where can i get a turbo kit for a 95 accord

finch13 06-05-2008 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: accord 95

where can i get a turbo kit for a 95 accord

Kits are for newbs! You'll seriously save a ton of money and know howa turbo system operates if you piece the parts together.

Type "95 accord turbo kit" in Google or something. We don't do kits aroundhere, usually.

HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007 06-05-2008 11:14 AM

when it comes to turbo and other parts primarily involving an upgrade of performance,stay away from ebay. Unless the seller has his own seperate website which if you are buying an engine from ebay 80 percent of them are from like tigerjapenese and all those other top name sites then i wouldn't recommend it. My advice personally,especially for someone who isn't to knowledgeable in the fields of turbo such as yourself which is not an insult by the way guys,is to just sell your accord and get something more powerful. IF you're a honda lover and you don't want to leave the honda branch,then either swap for an H22, or buy the V6 model of your accord OR get a 2001 prelude type SH, now i'm pretty sure those will give you the power you're looking for. OR get yourself an Acura TL type S if you're aiming for the 300's because thats 260Hp stock anyways.

KevinAccord 06-05-2008 11:27 AM

make a kit yourself. we can help u on that... if you're willing to do this, then comeback and just read around .. any questions I WILL answer if I do know the answer... FYI: i purchased the part separately and installed everything w/ just one friend.

03Sleeper 06-05-2008 02:50 PM

Like everything in lift, custom is usually better because YOU are the one putting everything together....costly yes....but the benefits outweigh the cost.

finch13 06-06-2008 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

custom is usually better because YOU are the one putting everything together....costly yes....but the benefits outweigh the cost.
Wouldn't it be cheaper buying everything separately because you can choose different resellers? And wouldn't installing it yourself be cheaper because you're eliminating most of the cost right there.

If you piece everything together you get something custom for you specific engine rather that just the stardard turbo setup, it's something you can tail-make to fit your driving needs.