Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Need an opinion on upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Need an opinion on upgrades

not really.. I'll get newer pics asap... but it's pretty different from most accords around here...

Old 06-24-2008, 04:00 PM

well, i pretty got my tranny problem solved. It seems that the previous owner of this vehichle had fixed it before it was turned in at the dealership, but even tho this is a plus i still have to rebuild the trans regardless if im gona put some boost in it. As for the engine im going to do a swap with an Acura TL 3.2L. All my new parts will fit in it. Hopefully I will be done with this project this jan of next year. For my next project it will be on a BMW however i dont know which model to work on and this ones for the wife. She doesnt know what model to pickso any one got any ideas? I thought on getting a 325i but not sure. Oh and going back to the accord will i have to use a higher octane level fuel once i put in that SC? Because if I do then I have to drop the bmw project. gas can be very expensive.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:10 AM

Any FI requires high octane fuel. You are raising the combustion chamber pressure so you need to increase the octane to avoid knock and pre-ignition (aka - blow your rings into the oil pan).

Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM

so im assuming i should be using an octane rating of 97 right?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:50 AM

If you can find it. I think 91 would be fine up to 7-8 lbs. of boost.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:03 PM

I use mostly 93 on mine, but have to use 91 now and then... I noticed no change... I think you can't get higher than 93 in a gas station here on PR

Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 PM

Most places have 87, 89, 91

Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 PM

yeah your probably right about the octane levels.. I must have just misread the label on the pump it most likely is 91 but this is arkansas and they have some crazystuff here some times. I got only one more question tho.. The stock CD player I got on my car has the light for the alarm system and i plan to swap it out with an mp3 player put some new speakers and get an amp, now my question is will my new system affect the alarm system since my stock has the light for it. Sounds like a stupid question cuz its just a light but im stooped. Will i have to reconfigure my alarm system??

Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 AM

IDK about the light that you are talking about .... most likely a radio theft deterrent. To go back to OEM, you'd probably need a code, but to rip it out and build a system shouldn't be a problem. My '00 had an aftermarket HU when I got it. Please edit out the bad language in your last post ..... family show on HAF.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:21 PM

I got one more question... What kind of MAP sensor does an 02 accord v6 have? is it a 2BAR or 3 BAR? Iwant to know how much more psi my current map sensor will read. Just Wondering to see if i need to get a GM MAP sensor.

Quick Reply: Need an opinion on upgrades