Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

should i go ahead with turbo?

Old 06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
twch04
Unregistered
Default should i go ahead with turbo?

i have a 96 4 door honda accord. we put a f22 in it, and all it has so far is an intake.
it has about 45k miles on the new engine. we just had the engine and tranny rebuilt.
I was thinking i would put a turbo on it and tune it up, but didnt know if it would even be worth it in the end.
so please let me know if you think it would be worth it in the end.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: should i go ahead with turbo?

everything is worth it in the end...lol thats what tuning's all about.

details on the engine/tranny rebuilt? forged pistons? racing stage 3 clutch? rebuilt head? swapped manifolds? etc.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:20 PM
twch04
Unregistered

i had just got the car from my brother and he said the only thing he has done to it has put an intake on. everything else on it is still stock. but it is an f22 just got rebuilt about a month ago. they cleaned everything replaced the caps, cylinders and various other parts. it is a 5 speed auotmatic tranny that we just put in (am going to replace in future).

Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 PM

5 speed auto? i didnt know they made that for the f22 block. and here i thought i was special driving with a 5spd auto w/ the k block. >.<'

did they change the internals? (aka swap OEM/factory/stock parts for stronger aftermarket parts?)

EDIT- oh...heres some inspiration. F22 block keepin pace and then overtaking evo. (evo driver must have been not trying or a really crappy driver)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJikb...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9fgY...eature=related

Old 06-30-2008, 11:32 PM
twch04
Unregistered

I believe they had left everything stock. i plan on upgrading it all though.
my brother just got a coupe g35 and is about to deck it out, i have to keep up. we have big wagers.
so its either deck this out or go for a newer car.
those videos inspired me though and i think i may just keep up with this one.

any advice on some good sites to get things off of to put in?

also their is a small oil leak from the top of the block or something they say. should i just replace the parts or is their a way to seal it?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 AM

ummmm.....keeping up with a g35 in an f block? you defin need to turbo and get new internals.

the g comes w/ over 300 hp (v6).

Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 AM

Yea a g took it to me a few months ago. If you want to keep up with him think about getting the Z. Sweet looking car, great performance. Whats your budget for the F build as opposed to what your willing to spend on a "new" car? If your brother is looking to build up his g than just turbo'ing your accord may not be enough. Also if you keep the accord you might want to S/C cause you have an auto. From what i heard/readon hereturbos are really hard on the auto tranny.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
twch04
Unregistered

i have a lot of student loans comming in so the budget isnt that bad. i was thinking maybe going the s2000 route (my love for hondas is to great to switch). but if i had too i may get an older supra or skyline. im really not all that sure on what to do right now. i have to manage work and college and then try to get this done on top.

willing to spend on the f- about 10k if that
to get new car and do stuff- around 25k

currently have loans comming in for college, but my moms friend owns the hospital im going to work for and is paying the bills.

advice on sticking with the accord or going for newer?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Just stick with the accord and drive it. Don't bother boosting it in any manner.

Sounds like it was just a stock rebuild and you have a 4spd auto, not a 5spd auto.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:16 PM

yeah i would still stick with your accord...and do lots of mods with it..LOL!!=D..but yeah..supra and skyline? i dont think those would be even in the $25k range anymore...those are expensive cars today...even for used ones...i want to have those cars too..but not for a daily driver...for my daily driver, ill stick with my accord...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: should i go ahead with turbo?