Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo questions

Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM

I figured any mod to your motor would shorten the life of the engine( JUST LEARNED) I was really wondering if the EMS would shorten life span? and if I could do the dry nos system with the engine managment or would it be just to much.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:42 AM

But what does everyone think about the idea of dry NOS and the hondata EMS works together or trying to boost way to much?

Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DIAMONDZ
But what does everyone think about the idea of dry NOS and the hondata EMS works together or trying to boost way to much?
My advice would be to sell your car and buy something designed and built by its manufacturer to be faster; it'll cost you much less in the long run.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:53 PM

I Like the style and look of my car that why I got it. I will work with what I have thanks for the thought tho.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

A EMS unit on a otherwise stock car is going to do nothing but cost a lot of money.

Nitrous is an option, but I would always recommend a wet kit over a dry kit, makes tuning a lot easier and a lot safer.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:31 PM

Live2rice I have greddy short ram intake and a exhaust system on the way as we speak. Would these considered still stock? Why wouldn't it up my performance of my car? Just asking not trying to argue the fact could you just explain why I wouldn't benefit from a EMS system?

Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

A intake and exhaust wouldn't matter for an upgraded engine management. I've always said you need at least upgraded cams shaft to make a EMS worth it.

I'm not saying its not possible to squeeze a little more power out of the stock engine with a system like Hondata, but the gains would be minimal, and definitely not worth the $800 for Hondata Kpro+instillation and tune.

It seems like there really isn't too much support for the k24z3 yet. You could try and be a pioneer and custom make some parts, but even a turbo kit seems difficult because of the unique exhaust manifold set up on your engine.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Upon a little more research it seems as though Hondata Kpro won't even worth with your stock ECU.

Do you have the K24Z2 or k24Z3? Seems like there is almost nothing available for the Z2.

This is probably your best bet if you have a K24z3, you could probably get it to work.

Supercharger Kit (09-10 TSX 4 Cylinder)

Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM

Yes ive seen this build on joeys 2010 sedan looks pretty awesome. Was wondering if there was a cheaper route. But seems to be the only choice I have because the availabilty of parts for my car.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DIAMONDZ
Yes ive seen this build on joeys 2010 sedan looks pretty awesome. Was wondering if there was a cheaper route. But seems to be the only choice I have because the availabilty of parts for my car.
Fact of life, if you want meaningful gains in both power and torque, it's going to cost you several thousand dollars at the minimum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo questions