Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo yea

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Default Turbo yea

Ok well after doing a lot of research and wanting to go N/A I decided I am going to turbo my 91 lx I have most of the stuff picked out I just need to get a complete list and start ordering parts but I was wondering what you guys think about this....I am aiming for 300hp with about 80k miles I am almost positive but am I going to be good on stock internals? (tuning is not an issue here)

Old 09-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Supper Moderator

you will make about 280-300 with a good tune with the parts you have. That will be enough power to run with if not walk on stock STI's...good luck!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:05 AM

It is all in your tune... If you have a great tune, the motor should last a while... How much boost are you planning on running???

Old 10-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have a great idea for you, comp turbos make an oil-less turbo, you should get one of those because it you wont have to run oil lines or anything like that, just water lines. I am buying one for my mr2. but you will also need injectors, fuel pump, water lines, as well as a bunch of little stuff

Old 10-09-2010, 01:57 PM

ok well im debating on where to locate my oil return line on my oil pan should i put it up high on the pan middle to the driver side pass side or what? this is kinda confusing me and i really dont want to drill a hole and have to weld it back up

Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Supper Moderator

good question...cus I'm gonna have to do the same thing. Let me know what you find out. I would ASUME whatever is easier for you to run the return line...but I truly don't know...sorry

Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Primerftw
ok well im debating on where to locate my oil return line on my oil pan should i put it up high on the pan middle to the driver side pass side or what? this is kinda confusing me and i really dont want to drill a hole and have to weld it back up
You need to put it up high on the pan so it will function properly...also to decide which side, just look at the direction the line is coming off of your turbo and just use that side... Also FYI you really need to tap a bung in for you oil return... If u try to go the easy way out u will at some point have a leak...and the eBay stainless lines are just as good a any other, just upgrade the fittings on them... I use all AN fittings with welded in bunga...lemme know if u get any more questions

Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Supper Moderator

good info vettking! where you been haven’t seen you around the forums??

Old 10-12-2010, 01:16 PM

Work, school, and a new baby... And new house... And a new project car... Haven't had a whole lot of time to post, but I'm trying to get back into t... If y'all need help with ur turbo setup lemme know... I'm on my 4th rodeo now...

Old 10-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Supper Moderator

ohh wow yeah you do have a lot going on..lol
Fo sho I deff. hit you up if I get into a snag...I'm sure I will not everything works 100% the 1st time..lol

Quick Reply: Turbo yea