North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Official Pittsburgh Summer '08 Honda Mega Meet--Dyno Trailer, vendors, and more!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Official Pittsburgh Summer '08 Honda Mega Meet--Dyno Trailer, vendors, and more!!

Link - http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...632&page=1

Keep checking for updates. The guy is just trying to get a feel for attendance.

Alright, I'm taking the helm on this deal. I've talked with several people and to get the ball rolling I've decided to coordinate this event. The Pittsburgh area is plagued with alot of seperation among enthusiasts and that needs to change. Therefore I welcome all to the:
Name:  mega-meet-banner.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  163.3 KB
I'll be taking this on in order to create a strong, organized, and highly attended meet targeted for late summer '08.
The plan is in its infancy and will go through some phases of evolution I'm sure.
Suggestions-Any ideas or suggestions will be taken into consideration. Up in the air will be People's Choice judging, giveaways, music, things like that. This is all kind of going to be based on establishing and confirming the venue and what rules/restrictions apply. I'll make this thing as big as people allow it to become!!
Registration-Due to the nature of this event, I think that pre-registration will be a benefit, so that option will be entertained. Like I said, costs will be minimal, but this will ensure that if some don't attend, the venue and people that need paid are paid. All proceeds will go to the EVENT, this is not a money making venture by any means. Costs will be balanced in order to merely break even and have a BANGIN *** meet that hopefully becomes a yearly mega event!
Contributors-As this evolves there may be some of you that are interested in getting involved. Like I said, the needs will be based on interest to see this event happen. The more this thread grows, the more help and planning that may be needed will become apparent.
Anyone interested, with ideas, with contributions, or whatever...PM me or post...all we need is to make 1 day come together. Late summer gives everyone time to finish their builds from this point. Let's make this HAPPEN!!!
Tell everyone you can, get the word out now and this thing will evolve!!! To those concerned (maybe including myself... ...I know an experienced event planner that did large scale events for the Pittsburgh Pavilion that is offering help if needed, so I have backup )

Update 11/11/07: about the location
Alco won't commit to any date because of construction concerning the tunnel that will be going under the river and popping out between the stadiums. There is also a restaurant and some other shops being built that could compromise the area.
As a result I have to speak with him [Heinz Field parking lot coordinator guy] about either a parking lot on the other side of the building, or I'm going to have to move the venue to the other side of the river. I'm really trying to avoid that, but I'm going to explore those options ahead of time just in case. I'll be making that call today or tomorrow.
This WILL happen, I just have to work it out. This is why I started this effort early...going big takes some time. I'll do my part...you people just do your part and show up. I want this to be the biggest Honda Tech meet that ever took place . Everyone calls East Coast meets weak...I wanna show them we got some stuff over this way too.

Update 12/5/07: about the location
Alco owns the parking lots and can't commit to a solid date until after the first of the year.
I've had someone come to me stating Saturday would be preferred so people wouldn't have to go right to work the next day. Does anyone feel that the event should maybe be Saturday in case it goes late? With a dyno to watch, some music, some giveaways....it may keep the crowd. Feel free to post your opinion and see if you all could start getting some people into this thread to get it going. I know its far off, but lets keep on track.
Update 1/2/08:
Check page 4, 2nd post from the top.
Attendance List....Updated as needed!!
1. RC000E
2. Haby red fg2
3. Gen2fanatic
4. Rickcrx
5. C4st0r_Tr0y
6. Ryank327
7. hypeR_ash
8. g2_teg_
9. xmb63
10. rch022 +5
11. BlkChryKord
12. Mattb16teg
13. Markk449
14. b18 hatch mike + 10
15. 4gcivic69
16. DuongBros.
17. slowturbocx
18. bunnyhatch93
19. nitroice40
20. h2def
21. S10Matt
22. ZC92hatch
23. speedooo ??
24. aWeimaraner
25. 4th-gen-civic
26. DreamCivic96
27. TurboDA
28. AccordSleeperZzZ
29. Chido

Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Default RE: Official Pittsburgh Summer '08 Honda Mega Meet--Dyno Trailer, vendors, and more!!

I'm going to say tenative ...... Pittsburgh is a 6 hour drive for me.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Default RE: Official Pittsburgh Summer '08 Honda Mega Meet--Dyno Trailer, vendors, and more!!

2 hrs for me!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 AM

LOL ... that's better than 6!!! I do Englishtown here and there .... that's a 2.5 hr drive. ...... and I went to the SCCA nationals down in south Jersey by AC .... that was 3 hours. Anything over 4 is a long drive for me.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:07 AM

It's about a 15 hour drive for me and almost 1000 miles.
I would go if it were closer and if I didn't have a baby at home!