Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

" Death By Hanging**

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Default " Death By Hanging**

** Finally some kind of Justice...**

I would have liked to been the rope man.

WheelBrokerAng

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/7CAD1AC503AD4B3888D6AC57EB379B97.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: " Death By Hanging**

BRUSSELS, Nov 5 (Reuters) - The European Union urged Iraq on Sunday not to carry out the death sentence passed on Iraq's former leader Saddam Hussein after his conviction for crimes against humanity.

"The EU opposes capital punishment in all cases and under all circumstances, and it should not be carried out in this case either," Finland, current holder of the rotating EU presidency, said in a statement.

The statement offered no direct comment on the outcome of the trial but did say, however, that the EU had repeatedly condemned "the systematic, widespread and extremely grave violations of human rights and of international humanitarian law committed by the regime of Saddam Hussein".

The U.S.-backed Iraqi High Tribunal judged Saddam guilty of crimes against humanity for his role in the killing of 148 Shi'ite villagers after a failed assassination bid in 1982.

U.S. White House spokesman Tony Snow said the judgement was a "good day for the Iraqi people", while British interior minister John Reid said the ruling should be respected.

Around the region, the outcome satisfied countries that Saddam invaded, but caused resentment amongst some Arabs who see him as the victim of a U.S.-inspired show trial.

Human rights groups and legal experts have called the year-long trial, during which three defence lawyers were killed, deeply flawed.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L05213396.htm

People in europe appear to be a bunch of whimps and they will come crying for us Americans to save their sorry rears once again.......

Old 11-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Banned

"People in europe appear to be a bunch of whimps and they will come crying for us Americans to save their sorry rears once again......"

You mean they do not agree with you. I love the Americans more than any other nation, don't want to get into a slanging match but it is their opinion. Lets face it this Iraq thing was sold to the the world by our lying powers, yes the British and the Americans crap about Weapons of Mass Destruction. Iraq has its problems but Nuclear arms was not one of them. So I doubt the Europeans want Americans or Brits to "Save their sorry rears"

Old 11-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

go back to the 1930s when Hitler was rising up to power...alll they did was try tp appease him instead dealing forcefull with him building up his military....we all know how that turned out.......now they are trying to appease these moronic muslims by being anti this and anti that.....all the while they do not have the stomach to properly punish a man who brought untold suffering to millions of people under his charge....

and no one LIED ABOUT things in Iraq it was bad intelligence and if you cannot accept that at face value I got an English channel to sell you.... I have a very hard time believing that the President of the USA and Prime Minister of England lied about what they thought was true....

December 1998 President Clinton stated that Iraq has WMD and no one has said he was lying?

Congress signed off on the EXACT SAME Intelligence that the President had and you want me to believe that all of them were "douped" like some of the people who are Democrats for fair weather Republicans claim?

Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned

The EU as a whole, and not the individual nations do not accept Capital punishment, endof. Since they do not (as a whole) practice it they cannot condone it, that simple.

All your other points regarding Hitler I agree. Hit Britain hard, my parents and grandparents took it on the chin.

The facts are simple, there was no WMD. I do not care if the intelligence got it wrong or the two stooges lied. The two governments were responsible for the end result.

I think Iraq is probably in the long term going to be a better place for what happened (I think). I was just dissapointed the way Phony Blair and George Dubya addressed the nations - incorrectly.

They made a hash of that. I guess we all make mistakes.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:30 PM

We may not have found WMD but the sheer amount of chemical weapons/chemicals that they had is enough to make me think it was the right thing to do.... I can't say for certain if we went in there for the right reason or not but I believe that we did need to go and eventually it will be a better place/world because of it...

As far as the capital punishment goes I'd agree that I'd like to see him hang however I can understand why EU doesn't support that since they don't condone it... Different strokes for different folks.... Iraq does condone it so let them do what is fair and right for their country and their people not what Europe and America think

Old 11-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

We may not have found WMD but the sheer amount of chemical weapons/chemicals that they had is enough to make me think it was the right thing to do.... I can't say for certain if we went in there for the right reason or not but I believe that we did need to go and eventually it will be a better place/world because of it...

As far as the capital punishment goes I'd agree that I'd like to see him hang however I can understand why EU doesn't support that since they don't condone it... Different strokes for different folks.... Iraq does condone it so let them do what is fair and right for their country and their people not what Europe and America think
You said it far better than I did

Old 11-06-2006, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai
People in europe appear to be a bunch of whimps and they will come crying for us Americans to save their sorry rears once again.......
sir ,, i was born in Europe and raised by 2 European parents and i am offended by that statement.
I know most people visiting this forum are Americans and have common view with you so Im not gonna argue too much.
But how in the world will taking ones life bring satisfaction to anyone. And even more surprisingly, you. What has he done to you?
OH PS : what makes you think EU will need help with... All things that are happening are happening ( post hitler ) in US and UK.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Miki, don't be offended please. Just a debate, and one people have strong feelings about.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:03 PM

It's interesting how different countries view each other and their opinions.... I guess it never occurred to me until I traveled all over the place... Everyone has their opinions and most of them stink... The general feeling of americans from Kuwait to Baghdad, Germany, France, Spain, Holland and Brazil is all completely different.... some of them think we are idiots some think we're great.... Either way items such as this that involve a world of people are bound to be offensive to someone even if that was never the intentions of anyone.... So long story short people are generally ignorant and offensive even when they don't mean to be so we all need to do our best to avoid misunderstandings and insults by watching what we say and how we say it...

Quick Reply: " Death By Hanging**