Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

** The Official Off Topic Thread **

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Supper Moderator

my picture?...Iv seen it be4 but not mine..lol

yeah I know right

Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Administrator

But you and I know the truth Ryan...

Old 08-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Supper Moderator

yes SiR I cut fools...lol haha I don't play yo I'm from the true dirty dirty south son!! hahaha we know whats up

Old 08-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Supper Moderator

Hey Rice what’s going on with your "monster build"?? Last I heard it was a k series build then you got yourself that f20 so what’s the deal son?!?
What are you working on? Iv got something in the works but I'm still undecided on couple things and that has to do with the block so...I donno yet..lol building hybrid engines can be a total PIA!

Also Rice wehat you think about the hybrid badge on the back of a g series cb7??...never seen one be4 I think it might just be unique

Old 08-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

I gave up on the K series build a while back, I had my block together, and a cammed type s head. But when I sat back and looked at it and realized I still needed $3,000+ in parts to finish it I called it quits.

So I parted out the K stuff and ordered a F20b. I got it in the car, and had problem after problem getting it running right. It ran insanely rich and I replaced everything I could think of including the ECU and nothing worked. And we are talking destroying spark plugs to where they don't work in 5 minutes rich.

At that point I had a friend come over to get his input, and we ended up getting lucky and discovering the MAP sensor o ring was leaking, and causing it to think it was getting far more air than it was. Replacing this fixed my running rich problem. But the damage was already done.

So much gas had gotten into the oil it 1)cleaned out any and all sludge and 2) did a number on the bearings.

I took the bottom end out and replaced the rod bearings which I hoped would solve my problem, but I started it up and alas the balancer shaft bearings are spun as well.

So that is where my dilemma is now, I want to do a balancer shaft elimination kit, but I really don't want to pull the engine, nor do I have the time. I bought an oil pressure gauge, so I'm going to see what the pressure is with the shafts spinning, and then i'm going to take the balancer shaft belt off and see if I drop any pressure. If the pressure is still good, I will run it like that until I have time to pull the engine and remove the shafts.

It also doesn't help that now I am at school in CT and my car is sitting in my garage in NH. So in all honesty it will probably sit for another 9 months until I am done with school. It kinda breaks my heart to let it sit when it is so close to being done, especially after it has sit for 2.5 years.

So yeah thats my story lol

Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Supper Moderator

sorry to hear about your back luck bro.
I have heard of ppl cutting the balancing shaft belt and calling it a day. So you might get lucky for the time being to just remove the belt. I know it's a PIA to remove the block for one little thing...what elimination kit are you going to use? I'm thinking about getting one for the g series I'm working on. Iv seen them for about 250-300bucks. I also have seen some write ups for DIY deleting kits. Maybe look into that to save some money. But I have been told when you cut the belt or use a delete kit you do get some unwanted vibrations. Ppl say if it's your DD keep your balancing shafts if it's a race car then scrap them. I haven’t personally done it myself so I'm not all that sure. I think I’m still gonna delete mine even know mine is going to be a DD. But I won’t have PS or A/C and the 400hp will be well worth loosing the couple extra luxuries that I have now..lol

Last edited by g22cd5; 08-27-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

I was looking at the Kaizenspeed one, its only $125 and has gotten good reviews.

As far as the vibrations go, I dont really care. The car will probably get 1,000 miles or less a year, has not heater/ac/ps/radio. It will just be driven to the track and back, and probably eventually trailered there and back.

I did drive it for one day, just 20 miles or so this year haha.

Heres some pics of what it looks like now:

Name:  081.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  225.2 KB

Name:  075-1.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  267.6 KB

Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Supper Moderator

I have always like the looks of your accord. Pics are good except for the funny lookin kid standing in front of the car ..lol

I was lookin at that kit too I guess I was looking in the wrong places..lol
Where did you find them that cheap? Last time I looked they were around 200bucks but this was a few months back. Maybe they came down in price...cus I was lookin at the same brand as you are.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.kstuned.com/news/article.src?ID=29

Just call the number listed. Says $125 +shipping.

I'm hoping over winter break I might have time to do that. If it were up to me I would just get a motorcycle, but the parents and g/f don't like that idea. $5000 for a Hayabusa and runs 9s, when I have far more than that into this car, and it might hit 13s.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Hi Rice..and Hey Ryan, what do you think of his Hood Ornement

Quick Reply: ** The Official Off Topic Thread **