Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

04 Accord Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Default RE: 04 Accord Help

Ok thanks guys

Old 11-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 04 Accord Help

Direct Port Nitrous

^^ here's a link to the nitrous sale thread. I'm actually not sure of what pills are in the kit ..... I'll have to look, but I'd expect 75 and 100 to be in there, probably a third set too, but I'll look and update the thread.

As far as raising the redline, don't do it! You've already stated that you don't have $$$$ to spend on this project and to raise the redline safely, you have to upgrade your valve springs and retainers, minimum. Lighter valves, new seats and guides are recommended to do at the same time and this will cost about $1500 just for the head work ....... mine's going to wind up costing about that and I'm doing the majority of the assembly and disassembly myself.

I also have a V-AFC2 for sale, but have been too lazy and busy to put a thread up for it ..... I actually think I had one at some point, but I can't find it. This would allow you to play with VTEC engagement and get a dyno tune.

Poly engine and tranny mounts will allow you to take off harder without wheel hop. Also, spinning the tires is much less dangerous to the car with them in place.

Lastly, power launching will shave off about 0.3-0.4 seconds if done right, but if you hold the stall rpm of the torque converter too long while braking, you will heat up the tranny and could cause problems.