Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2 things ........

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2 things ........

i'm cheering for the bills.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 AM

AAAaaaahahhahahahahahahaha ..... I'm sooooo happy that Favre lost after SI gave him the Sportsman of the Year Award! His ancient @$$ needs to retire! Tines sucks, but the Packers played the dirtiest game I've seen in a long time. Harris has his hands in the recievers' faces every play and even throws them to the ground and the officials don't call it. The Packers defensive end was in the offensive backfield at the snap and it wasn't called, the Patriots broke the heat in the Giants' bench and they posted fake temperatures to mess with the Giant's heads. I'm not a huge fan of the Giants, but there should have never been any overtime and the score should have been much higher for the Giants. The zebras should be shot along with Harris and Tines. HAHAHAHAHHA Favre can't even win with his team cheating all over the place. Now go home Favre!!!! Back to back rings in the Manning family!!!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: beeline12000

i thought pats had already won a super bowl with a perfect season???
The only team to ever have a perfect, undefeated season is the 1972 Miami Dolphins.

I will be rooting for the Giants. I was at Ole Miss when Eli Manning played there. I don't really think they have much ofa chance though.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore
AAAaaaahahhahahahahahahaha ..... I'm sooooo happy that Favre lost after SI gave him the Sportsman of the Year Award! His ancient @$$ needs to retire!
ill admit, farve isnt at his peak anymore, but the problem isnt that he sucks, its that the recievers suck. He cant throw it if theres noone to throw to.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:34 PM

He also can't move the ball if he doesn't EVER run it.

Also, I never said that he sucks, just that a superstar should retire before he ruins his reputation.

I'd bet Michael Jordan can still kick some @$$ on the court, but he retired for this reason ..... twice, LOL.

And also, if he's not in his prime, why is he getting the Sportsman of the Year, THIS YEAR?!?

Old 01-22-2008, 03:48 PM

dunno. maybe it says in the magazine...

Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Perhaps for sportsmanship?!? but really, if you are paid millions to play a game, it is your responsibility to be a role model for any kids that could ever watch or idolize you. IMO, no sports figures should ever beallowed to be paid more than the president of the country! Then the product endorsements make them more money!!! This country really has it's head up it's @$$!!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 04:34 PM

yea but all that money from selling those tickets has to go somewhere...

Old 01-22-2008, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Perhaps for sportsmanship?!? but really, if you are paid millions to play a game, it is your responsibility to be a role model for any kids that could ever watch or idolize you. IMO, no sports figures should ever beallowed to be paid more than the president of the country! Then the product endorsements make them more money!!! This country really has it's head up it's @$$!!!!
The president is technically only paid like $120,000 a year... A contractor pumping sewage for the government in iraq is making about the same take home money as the president (Literally, since they make around 80,000/yr tax free...) The president technically makes less than your average upper income families. Of course I'm speaking straight money and not including fringe benefits, considering he has a full compliment of armed guards, his own jet, his own plane, his helicopter, numerous cars and probably doesn't pay for anything he makes more but that's another story....

Speaking of money for tickets anyone know how much a nosebleed seat to the superbowl is going for? (just curious, I don't know myself but I've heard it's ridiculously expensive..)

Old 01-22-2008, 04:55 PM

Traditionally, the president is the highest-paid public employee. President Bush currently earns $400,000 per year, along with a $50,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment.

From Wiki

Quick Reply: 2 things ........