Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2007 ACCORD LEMON - Taking legal action

Old 04-18-2008, 07:42 PM
hayden4u
Unregistered
Default 2007 ACCORD LEMON - Taking legal action

This is my 4th New Honda that I have leased and my LAST! I've had problem after problem with my Accord and Honda does not want to admit their known issues. Here are some of the problems that I have experienced.
1) Stalling
2) 3 Break jobs (replaced rotors 2 times) with only 15,000KM
3) Driver/Pass door rattle - LOUD
4) WINDOWS getting scratched with or without tint
5) Dash cluster will show ZERO KM while driving
6) Trouble starting

The list goes on. I went to CAMVAP for some help. They are basically the Canadian version of the US lemon law. I had my meeting with the arbitrator and 2 reps from Honda head office. Those two individuals from Honda told me in the room that im too picky and I should know what to expect in terms of quality from Honda, as this is my 4th car.

I can believe anyone would tell me im picky, as most of my issues are safety related. Also, the reps that attended told me that I have modified my car by tinting my windows, this is not allowed.....yet HONDA tinted it for me. They have tried to come up with every excuse in the book.. Example, they told me the reason for my windows creaking and windows getting scratched was due to window tint!!!!!!! MY car has been at Honda for 62 days from the time I took possession of it. I've owned this car for 7 months....pathetic.....!!!!

I'm so frustrated; I know there are many of you out there that have similar issues. Please respond back to me I plan on gathering as much info from all of you as possible and will forward this to Honda.....

If the arbitrator does not rule in my favor then I will put lemons on my car and drive it around for the next 3 years and do whatever I can in my legal power to inform consumers of the way I’ve been treated and to let others know about the quality of Honda

Thanks for reading!
Sean

Old 04-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Default RE: 2007 ACCORD LEMON - Taking legal action

wow, that really sucks.
i hope everything works out.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sorry to hear your struggles... I love my Honda, but completely understand your frustration.

I'm a firm believer in receiving quality service and quality equipment when i pay a quality price.. anything short of perfect deserves a kick to the nuts...

please let us know your results!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:16 PM

Please let us know how it turns out. That really stinks. Every carmaker makes lemons though - that's why we have "lemon laws" here in the US. That is horrible that Honda is treating you like that about it.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:09 PM

they're just trying to save money like any other car company would.
dont let this bad experience prevent you from getting another honda in the future

Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM

^^^ I don't agree. BS when you bring the car to the dealer is one thing, he already brought this to a mediator. Honda should be doing whatever they need to to make their product right.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM

Yeah, I agree. That many things wrong in a 7 month old car? We rarely see 7 year old Hondas with that many issues around here.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:59 PM
spraygod
Unregistered

ouchmy honda is 25 yrs. young. i have had it for 11 of those years and haven't had half that many problems. im pretty dissapointed in whatever dealershipand thereps that you have been dealing with. i mean, you obviously enjoyed your other hondas or you wouldn't keep buying them. you told them that you expect more from them because you have seen honda do better and they still aren't tryin to help you? or did you have issues with the others too?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:59 AM

A little OT, but I think it may be relevant.

Is therea relationship between quality of construction and the place of manufacture?

For example, our 92 was produced in Japan and we're still driving it. As long as the body remains intact, I think it could still last a very long time.

Another example. Our 84 Yamaha Venture Royale motorcycle was built in Japan and it is still running verystrong. The only thing I (the second owner) have had to do to it is clean the carbs. The engine is bullet-proof.

The unbelievably expensiveHonda Goldwing, assembled in Marysville, Ohio, I think, had faulty frame welds that went on for several model years beforethat issuewas corrected.

So, what year did Honda start producing the Accord in the US and Canada? (Was it prior to all the transmission problems?)

As for the direction in quality in general, here's a link that I found pretty informative - especially the part about appliances:
http://qualitycurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Old 04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I think the 97 Accord was the last year it was built in Japan. COuld be totally wrong though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 ACCORD LEMON - Taking legal action