Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2008 Honda Accord review

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
torres
Unregistered
Default 2008 Honda Accord review

"The all-new 2008 Honda Accord moves the world of mainstream transportation in a refined, dynamic and sophisticated direction with an expanded range of innovative technologies designed for more power, greater efficiency and enhanced safety across the entire lineup of sedans and coupes..."

This is from a new review on 2008 Honda Accord, from TopSpeed, which includes a lot of info on the design, performance, safety and price of this model, as well as other features. Also available is a wallpaper / photo gallery.

Here is the link to the full article:
2008 Honda Accord - Top Speed

And the link to the picture gallery:
2008 Honda Accord wallpapers and high resolution photos - Top Speed

Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Default RE: 2008 Honda Accord review

Man, don't like those mpg numbers =/

Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 AM

i think the more i see of the sedan the less i like about it kinda looks like a hyrid of other cars (some of whih d rhhnot associate with a honda)i lve hondas but it still iffy about the styling but i might learn to loe it as i learned to love my car.my first thought when it came out was hideous. mpg ratings dont look as good but at least it does have more power definite plus. it looks like they further jacked up the audio/ac units that will most likely make it even harder than it is now to upgrade the stereo. The gauge cluster does look somewhat sportier but is almost a downgrade. the first thing to catch my eye after opening the door of my car for the first time was the brightly glowing gauges that kinda hid when unlit. a gate shifter would be nice too. the new engine bay looks like a stepup but looks somewhat cramped to me compared to the 7th gen. the intake piping direted to the front grill looks like a good idea but also means more length of tube and more bending. its still too new for me but i think ill learn to like it.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 AM

Bmw rims and tail lights. Scion TC headlights and grill. Sonata head lights.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i like the rims.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM

It's ugly. I wouldn't be caught dead owning one.
The whole car jars the senses. The cluster is off-center vs. the wheel. The radio stack looks like an Avalon threw up on it. The interior 2-tone trim is cheesy and the center console looks like it came out of a Mitsubishi. The new steering wheel is atrociously designed and the a/c vents aredisproportionate to the dash area.

Exterior-wise, the rims look like a set of $400 Discount Tire chrome brand x specials. The side-line/strake is a blatant ripoff of the Acura TL and looks out of place. The only car I've seen with an uglier front grill is an Edsel or a late model Subaru like a Tribeca. The decklid looks like a flattened Bangle Butt from a 7 series redesign. And WTF is up with those side mirrors.. *shiver*

Honda has seen fit to give us an 08 accord that's longer (~2.6 inches), heavier (almost 400 lbs),isn't any more fuel efficient (still 19 city with the 6),gains less than25 hpfroman extra half-liter of displacement (3.5 with ~265 vs 3.0 with 244?), and totop it all off, you can't get the V6/6 Speed combo in a sedan anymore.

The more I look at it, the less I like it. Count me out.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

so, how do you really feel?

Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Paralyse

Honda has seen fit to give us an 08 accord that's longer (~2.6 inches), heavier (almost 400 lbs),isn't any more fuel efficient (still 19 city with the 6),gains less than25 hpfroman extra half-liter of displacement (3.5 with ~265 vs 3.0 with 244?), and totop it all off, you can't get the V6/6 Speed combo in a sedan anymore.

The more I look at it, the less I like it. Count me out.

I defintely agree with you. The mpg is...not good at all. Thats what irks me the most. I guess once a few people buy the vehicle we can actually see what they are getting. I hope it's a bit better than what they are stating!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 PM

arent those mpg based on the new 2008 epa testing. Which i heard is more strict.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Yes, those numbers look low because of the new testing regulations. Check out the 2008 Fuel Economy guide and you'll notice that the accord is still about average for economy.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/FEG2000.htm

Quick Reply: 2008 Honda Accord review