Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Old 03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Default 2011 Hyundai Sonata

Yesterday my wife and I saw the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata:
I had stumbled on a web site that had a test drive and some pretty remarkable horse power (198!) and fuel economy (35/23) ratings. The thing also looks very much like every other high-end car nowadays, so I figured, what the heck, we'd go take a look at it.

In short, we really liked the car. The telescopic tilt steering wheel is perfect for my long legs to do whatever they want. I'm more comfortable than in our Accord. Even with the driver's seat all the way back, there is adequate legroom for a rear passenger seated behind the driver.

My wife just loves the styling of the thing.

If our reliable 92 happens to have a major disaster for some unknown reason, we're going to seriously consider this nice mid-sized car. (Timing chain, not belt, too.)

Anyone else in the market for a new sedan should take a look at the new Sonata. Here's a link to a review:

Last edited by Tony1M; 03-14-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Better test drive link
Old 03-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Administrator
Arrow Sorry Tony

I had to take out the direct link cause it included sales in that link and we have paying sponsors in here..so they as you should know are not allowed..

You can put in a site like this only...
www canadiandriver com
And I can leave it in here...

Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tony1M
Yesterday my wife and I saw the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata:
I had stumbled on a web site that had a test drive and some pretty remarkable horse power (198!) and fuel economy (35/23) ratings. The thing also looks very much like every other high-end car nowadays, so I figured, what the heck, we'd go take a look at it.

In short, we really liked the car. The telescopic tilt steering wheel is perfect for my long legs to do whatever they want. I'm more comfortable than in our Accord. Even with the driver's seat all the way back, there is adequate legroom for a rear passenger seated behind the driver.

My wife just loves the styling of the thing.

If our reliable 92 happens to have a major disaster for some unknown reason, we're going to seriously consider this nice mid-sized car. (Timing chain, not belt, too.)

Anyone else in the market for a new sedan should take a look at the new Sonata. Here's a link to a review:
By the way, I also have a Hyundai Sonata and it is a great running car...bought it New in 2004..just went over 39,000 miles...

Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

I'm getting more impressed with them over the years. Kinda like Honda back in 1975.

Every car "fits" a little differently. There's no magic fit that's gonna work for everybody. Over on the Saab boards everyone gloats about how the seats fit well. Our 1989 Saab didn't fit ME very well, I was much more comfortable in my Integra.

Then it goes back the other way around... Our 2001 Saab was more comfortable to me than our 2003 Accord. Now as strange as it seems, the seats in our Civics are awesome. Too bad they're not as fun to drive as the WRX...

Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
I'm getting more impressed with them over the years. Kinda like Honda back in 1975.

Every car "fits" a little differently. There's no magic fit that's gonna work for everybody. Over on the Saab boards everyone gloats about how the seats fit well. Our 1989 Saab didn't fit ME very well, I was much more comfortable in my Integra.

Then it goes back the other way around... Our 2001 Saab was more comfortable to me than our 2003 Accord. Now as strange as it seems, the seats in our Civics are awesome. Too bad they're not as fun to drive as the WRX...
I should have been more specific about the seats. I'm 6'6" tall and have 38" legs. For those folks who are very tall and have long legs, this is a car that you should defintely check out. It has the leg room of a Lexus LS430 for a whole lot less money. (For that matter, it even looks similar to an LS.)

Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 AM

I have become increasingly impressed with Hyundai over the last few years. If you asked me 5 years ago if I would ever consider buying a Hyundai I would have told you "absolutely not." However now the styling is really good and they must be pretty good quality since you see so many of them on the road.
I think the Genesis sedan is one of the best looking sedans out there right now. I have only seen two of them on the road here in Mississippi though. I guess it is still tough to get someone to pay $40k for a Hyundai even if it does look that good and has 400hp.
The Genesis coupe is pretty hot too. However now that i have a 2 year old and another baby on the way, I will be steering clear of coupes for quite some time. I guess I will be steering clear of new cars for quite some time too haha! I sure hope my Accord lasts at least another 5 years!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 AM

Here's another review that I think is probably acceptable:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...e-ar85348.html

(Take special note of the fuel economy that the writer achieved - 48.9 mpg?! - far higher than the EPA specs.)

Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

I would agree that Hyundai has come a long way towards making a better car.
I remember when they were first imported with the Mitsibushi drive train.
The early ones had interiors that fell apart in 10k miles, and the rear wheel bearings were just open bearings with no shield, that lasted about a year or so.
And Hyundia has a great website for owners to get actual service manual information.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 00AccordLX5spd
... However now that i have a 2 year old and another baby on the way, I will be steering clear of coupes for quite some time. I guess I will be steering clear of new cars for quite some time too haha! I sure hope my Accord lasts at least another 5 years!
Having 2 kids, I can confidently say that you'll get your head back above water financially. After about 25 years - maybe.

Originally Posted by Tony1M
(Take special note of the fuel economy that the writer achieved - 48.9 mpg?! - far higher than the EPA specs.)
Topspeed is in England??? Imperial gallon is about 20% bigger than a US gallon. So that's still just a bit over 40mpg. Still impressive.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Administrator
Thumbs down Jenifer38..# 5 and That Was Way To Many Spams

Originally Posted by jenifer38
Wow that's great to have a look on the 2011 Hyundai Sonata.It sounds great.Than ks for sharing the link with us.Really it is awesome I also liked it.

You have used up all your Spam Pass's and now I will have to take out your signature Spam and ban you for awhile..When You come back and post correctly..Then we will let you stay...

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Hyundai Sonata-spamplate.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Hyundai Sonata