Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2015 Accord - one week test drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default 2015 Accord - one week test drive

So I dropped off the 2016 Pilot at the dealer to have the oil changed and to have them fix the paint defect on the front bumper.

So my loaner car is a 2015 Accord. I need to get the VIN and see what kind it is....I'm guessing just an entry level one, didn't notice anything special on the ride home.....oh well a new toy to play with for a while

I did window shop the 2016 Accord's while there...nice to see they do offer a manual trans with the V6...too bad it is only in the coupe.....why can't Honda offer a stick in the sedan I will never understand

Old 10-24-2015, 08:12 PM

Enjoy your 2015, hope they get your Pilot's paint right for you this time.

I've noticed that auto manufacturers (not just Honda) tend to only offer certain options (which should be available on any model) on the higher level trims in order to create a market for the upgrade... for instance, if a person wanted to buy a 2015 LX, however the buyer wanted heated outside mirrors, one had to step up to an EX.

Then again, in some cases it may have something to do with production line efficiency as well

Simply an observation

Old 10-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

you can get a 6spd manual sedan with the 2.4L. i drove it, shifts nice. i went for the CVT for fuel econ improvement and ease of operation. there are times i wish i had gone with the 6spd.

i have 42k mi. on my 2014 Sport.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
you can get a 6spd manual sedan with the 2.4L. i drove it, shifts nice. i went for the CVT for fuel econ improvement and ease of operation. there are times i wish i had gone with the 6spd.

i have 42k mi. on my 2014 Sport.
Yes, I am aware that the manual transmission is available matched with the 2.4L, however was under the impression that the original statement concerned not having it as an option in the sedan

Old 10-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

^ It was me looking for the V6, manual trans in a 4 door. In the booklet I have the 2016 Accord EX-L V6 "COUPE" offers a manual but nothing above or below that. For the sedan (4 door) there is NO option that offers a manual trans.

Not that I really need a new car - still window shopping for me, she got hers . Plus if I would get over it and really play and learn the paddle shift thing I would be fine....just have to learn how to keep my hands on the wheel in such a way I can use them.

I'm getting better, using the 2016 Pilot as my learning but then again I've gotten it all wrong as well....glad the car saved me. Let's just say at ~65mph through a left hand turn and you are finding yourself turning right....and pretty hard right....well I'm surprised there isn't a "crease" in the drivers side leather seat . TOTAL DRIVER error and pretty much put me off from doing any more learning for a while.

Time for me to realize I'm too old and if I want to drive a stick....just get Wade's 89 LX-i out and go for a little spin and call it a day.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
^ It was me looking for the V6, manual trans in a 4 door. In the booklet I have the 2016 Accord EX-L V6 "COUPE" offers a manual but nothing above or below that. For the sedan (4 door) there is NO option that offers a manual trans.

Not that I really need a new car - still window shopping for me, she got hers . Plus if I would get over it and really play and learn the paddle shift thing I would be fine....just have to learn how to keep my hands on the wheel in such a way I can use them.

I'm getting better, using the 2016 Pilot as my learning but then again I've gotten it all wrong as well....glad the car saved me. Let's just say at ~65mph through a left hand turn and you are finding yourself turning right....and pretty hard right....well I'm surprised there isn't a "crease" in the drivers side leather seat . TOTAL DRIVER error and pretty much put me off from doing any more learning for a while.

Time for me to realize I'm too old and if I want to drive a stick....just get Wade's 89 LX-i out and go for a little spin and call it a day.
Wow, Poorman... sure glad to hear that you're okay.

Yes, I too need to take the time to learn how to use the paddles more effectively.... but then again, I'm happy to let the CVT do the work it was designed for.

Some time back, I bought a new car specifically because it had a manual transmission.... didn't take long for the novelty to wear off... was not as much fun as I remember driving the sticks back 50 years ago... plus, I drove tractor-trailer over the road for 15 years before retiring... I've pretty much gotten 'shifting' out of my system

Old 10-27-2015, 11:31 AM

I really miss having a stick!!! I felt I had much better control, especially in limited traction conditions.
It seems that all car manufacturers(minus true sportscar producers) are making many, many more automatics than manuals that the manual versions are becoming obsolete. Anyone else agree?

Old 10-27-2015, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Biffy44
I really miss having a stick!!! I felt I had much better control, especially in limited traction conditions.
It seems that all car manufacturers(minus true sportscar producers) are making many, many more automatics than manuals that the manual versions are becoming obsolete. Anyone else agree?
Well, yeah, Biffy.... however, the reason is primarily due to customer demand, the majority of people today want an automatic. I can remember (back in the day) when all cars came with a manual transmission... an automatic was an expensive option and only available on certain models/trim level

Old 10-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, customer demand. I forced both my daughters to learn to drive manual, they both like it. Then they BOTH married guys who don't drive manuals.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Well the test drive is almost over...going to pick up/look at the wife's Pilot this am. As long as I don't find any issues with the work they have done they will get the Accord back.

Overall a nice car and the driver(s) have been pleased with it.

I think the driver(s) learned more about themselves than anything.

Quick Reply: 2015 Accord - one week test drive