2018 Accord not available with V6??? - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:44 PM

Thumbs down 2018 Accord not available with V6???

It seems strange that the accord will not be available in V6 starting in 2018. Does anyone know why this is happening?

The competitors including the Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry still offer the V6. The competitors also offers a bigger sedan like the Maxima and Avalon which both also offer a V6, Honda does not offer a bigger sedan which seems like it would be beneficial to offer a V6 for the Accord.

If this has been talked about in great lengths please point me to the threads as I was unable to find them.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I thinking (only guessing) it's the issues they've had with their V6's and the cylinders shutting down, the name of this slips me this second. A simple fix for that would be to allow the car to run on "all 6" all the time. Personally I think it's a mistake they should keep the "6" as an option. It's all about the mileage numbers unfortunately.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdaqboom View Post
It seems strange that the accord will not be available in V6 starting in 2018. Does anyone know why this is happening?

The competitors including the Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry still offer the V6. The competitors also offers a bigger sedan like the Maxima and Avalon which both also offer a V6, Honda does not offer a bigger sedan which seems like it would be beneficial to offer a V6 for the Accord.

If this has been talked about in great lengths please point me to the threads as I was unable to find them.
Honda's 10th generation Accord will make its debut next year; the car is being released with a Hybrid drivetrain as well as two I4 engine arrangements, a 1.5T and 2.0T. If Honda was to keep the 3.5 liter V6 and put it up against the 2.0T you'd have to choose between the V6 and 2.0T models on the top end, with the 2.0T being both faster and getting better fuel economy; that being the case, just how many V6 models do you think they'd sell? I'm betting not very many.