Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

8th gen accord class action lawsuit (break system)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Default 8th gen accord class action lawsuit (break system)

I don't know if i'm posting in the right section but there is a proposed class action settlement for the break system on the 8th gen accord.

here is the site: http://www.girardgibbs.com/HondaBrakes.asp

Old 05-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Supper Moderator

ohh god this is gonna be like the k series 3rd gear pop out.
We have a few guys who work for honda I wanna see what they have to say about this...

Old 05-28-2010, 06:02 AM

They can't be serious. "Wear prematurely"???? Really??? That's a "defect" worth suing over? What a joke IMO!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Supper Moderator

How much of a joke would it be if it happened to you?? I’d be pissed!! Honda won’t own up to their mess ups. Just like in the civic si 6speed it popped out of 3rd gear ALL THE TIME. Honda says it's not there prob I mean it's a NEW freakin car nothing should go wrong!...I still would like to hear what the guys who work for honda have to say.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:32 PM

I wouldn't be pissed at all. It's a non issue, but in the interest of fairness, what's their definition of "premature"?

.........and in response to your "Honda won't own up to their mess ups" comment, allow me to retort: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiaPNlR5A4I <----------This is the Honda motor company you speak of?

Not owning up to one's mess ups is Nissan, knowing, but not telling their customers about a major engine oil consumption issue that leads to catastrophic engine failure. Or their fuel pressure regulator issue, that causes starters and fuel pumps to burn out. Those (to me) are issues that deserve this kind of criticism, not pad wear. Driving with both feet is what leads to premature pad wear as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by chip; 05-28-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Supper Moderator

So your gonna tell me if you went and spend x amount of money on a new car and it doesn’t do what they claim its suposta do? Come on now...if your not pissed then you got too much money to worry about it. But to the everyday customer that car better perform like they claim. If not then replace it or fix it simple as that. I’m not talking about race cars. I’m talking about daily drivers that carried your kids to and from school yourself to and from work. So if the pads ware so fast and older person doesn’t know whets going on and the breaks crate a wreck and kill someone...honda isnt to blame?? Even know someone put the prob. in their face and said it's broke but they won’t fix it?? They say "ohh it’s not our prob" That can create a safety issue. How would you like it if your breaks messed up due to a defect and your family member was killed? You would be holding Honda responsible b/c of a defect….if not something is wrong with you. Not saying that is gonna happen…but you cant predict the future.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:16 AM

You're not speaking in fact, you're in fantasy land. Remember, they're claiming "premature wear", not "break system failure". There is a HUGE difference between the two.

Let's discuss the FACTS.

What is the issue?

How are we defining "premature"?

Are there any legitamate safety concerns, or is it an "inconvenience" issue?

I just don't like the idea of ******* a company that has spent every waking hour trying to make their products better than everyone elses, while also trying to keep their prices cheaper than everyone elses, all over something as stupid as "my pads should last longer."! That just sounds ungreatful to me! Stupid lawsuits, over stupid non issues are a major cause of increased prices. Think about that for a second. If in fact I am right here, and I may be wrong, but if I'm right, and this is just a bunch of ignorant people *itching about wanting something for nothing, then they are making it more expensive for you and I to go buy our next Honda! (let's also not forget that the lawyers suing Honda are most likely more interested in their "fees" than they are your safety!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Supper Moderator

Well yes premature ware of the pads can cause brake failure! After awhile if someone doesn’t know what the deal is the brake fluid will eat away at the seals and pretty quickly at that and can cause premature break lock up....and to me that is brake failure....AND THAT CAN CAUSE ACDENTS!!

Old 05-29-2010, 05:08 PM

That's a serious stretch of the imagination IMO! Are they not putting warning clips on brake pads anymore?

Old 05-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by chip
That's a serious stretch of the imagination IMO!
explain...I have personally had this happen with my cb7 brakes. Pad where low and didnt know it and brake fluid ate the hell out of my seals and my brakes locked up badly. I have experienced this 1st hand so how would that me a "stretch of the imagination"?? plz explain this to me...

Quick Reply: 8th gen accord class action lawsuit (break system)