Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Abusing my Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Default Abusing my Accord

Before I got my 07 Accord (5sp coupe), I had a turbo Eclipse. I used to be able to accelerate hard in first gear, then drop it into second, and stomp on the gas as I let out the clutch, and chirp the tires in second gear. I was always impressed by that, so tonight I tried to see if my 4cyl accord would do it. On the second try, I did notice a slight chirp from the front tires. I was pretty happy that the car would do this at all in second gear, but I tried a few more times but couldn't duplicate it. I think I was letting the RPMs decay too much before letting out the clutch in second. Either way, it's way tougher to do this in my accord than the eclipse, but it's doable! For a NA 4 cyl I'm very impressed with it. Compared to my Eclipse, which had 210 hp, it doesn't feel significantly slower, which leads me to believe the engine is underrated by Honda. If you check out Car and Driver's recent articles, the Accord 4 -door is listed 6th on their "10 Fastest cars or 20,000". That's the 5 spd, of course. The coupe is slightly lighter but falls over the 20,000 mark. They put the 4 door down with a 0-60 time of 7.5s. That's only 3 tenths off the Si's time of 7.2. I was impressed, at least.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Abusing my Accord

keep doing that and watch what the dealer says when you try to bring the car in for service........

stupid is stupid does... - Forrest Gump

Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Abusing my Accord

enjoy the car....but its really not built to be abused...