Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Accord EX vs. Maxima SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 PM
SilverBlueVTEC
Unregistered
Default Accord EX vs. Maxima SE

I have a 1994 Honda Accord EX auto with leather and 120k trouble free miles. And I have a chance to even trade for a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE auto with cloth and 168k miles. The reason is because my dad could no longer drive his 5 speed toyota camry that he bought a couple months ago at the local nissan dealer. Therefore, he wants to trade that in and would get the maxima for 5,000 dollars ( im gonna try to talk them down) and give that to me.

The only downsides I see is that the maxima has 168k and im not sure if that means its at the end of its life. And the black exterior would be far more work to keep clean then my light blue exterior. Even though my accord gets like 20mpg, im not too sure what the maxima may get.

I know some of you may be more biased to say keep the accord since this is an accord forum. But I want all of your un-biasedopinions of what you would do if you where in my shoes, and why or why not? Hope to hear your opinions thanks.

That is the maxima I have a chance to get.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Default RE: Accord EX vs. Maxima SE

I do not think that is a good deal at all. I bought my 2000 Accord from a dealer for $5,500 with 104k miles. They are ripping you off on the trade in in my opinion. I wouldn't spend $5k on something with 168k miles on it.
But that is just me. It's your money.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Thats a lot of miles. Is this Maxima a V6? My wife has a 2000 Maxima GLE, with 83k. Its fully loaded with leather and sunroof and all, and she likes it well enough. The V6 has decent power, and it gets a little over 20mpg, 95% city driving. We bought it two years ago for about $15k. I think that they are asking an awful lot for the car. But heres a question, why does your dad want to trade for that car and then give it to you? Why doesnt he drive it?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 PM

what kind of car does he have? it sounds like a great deal for the dealership but a pretty shoddy one for you.... give me the numbers they are quoting you and I'll take a look at them....

Old 04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Talk to the dealer....at this moment, they are ripping you off big time

Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
SilverBlueVTEC
Unregistered

The Maxima is a V6 with 222 hp I believe.

My dads car is a 1997 toyota camry V6 5 speed, it has 167k miles and runs like new. The problem is he said he no longer wants to drive the 5 speed, and he wants to trade it in. Where going to the dealer friday.
I havent spoken to them yet. I just seen on the website that their asking 5,000 for the maxima, so I dont know how much their giving my dad for his camry yet.
If the loss will be too large we may not even do it and just sell it privately. Or we may find another car there for him to drive there, since I do love my accord, its never let me down since ive owned it well over a year ago.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:02 PM

To be honest with you they have that car (maxima) priced pretty low due to the excessive mileage.... I'd expect to get around 3,000 for your camry.... basically I'd go to them and IF you like the maxima tell them that you'll give them the camry plus $1500.00 (they probably won't accept that) and attempt to get Camry+$2000.00-$2500.00 and that would be a pretty good deal from a dealership....

Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
SilverBlueVTEC
Unregistered

Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing. Well see what happens on friday

Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 PM
SilverBlueVTEC
Unregistered

Went to the dealer, and they where really gonna screw us on the trade. So we decided to keep the Camry since its paid off and just drive that to the ground. Im happy with my Accord, so its a win situation.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Administrator

This makes me feel better that you feel better, if you know what I mean

WheelBrokerAng

Quick Reply: Accord EX vs. Maxima SE