Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Air Force

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:21 AM
Default Air Force

So, what's your opinion of the Air Force? I'm thinking about joining it soon. Anyway, any comments and forewarnings are appreciated.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Heard there was a waiting list.

Also heard the Air Force and Navy are what you should join if you don't want to do any work.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 AM

you mean go to war brandon, air force is harder to get into now friend signed up for 5 years, after 3 they said your duty was done along with thousands of others.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Great way to get some free training......consider a job that will have useful skills in civilian life, so when you get out you'll have profitable job skills.
When I got out I couldn't find any Titan 2 missles to work on.
In basic training be prepared for someone yelling in your face for no apparent reason. LOL
Bear in mind that A$$ Kissers and Backstabbers are treated royally in the military.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:01 AM

Hmm... Honestly, I just wanna go in to serve the country first, and then second I want to do whatever I'm assigned to do. Idk.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Administrator
Smile Join The Air Force...Damm Right

Originally Posted by Antarctica
So, what's your opinion of the Air Force? I'm thinking about joining it soon. Anyway, any comments and forewarnings are appreciated.

I my young fellow, put in a total of 15 years in the Army and then I interserviced over to The Air Force..and after that on to the Civil Service as a Military Reserve Instructor-parachutist...

Yes you can easily make a great career out of the service..One of my daughters best friends just got out of Officers Training School and is now a 2nd Leuitenant..Uncle Sammy gave a 25,00 signing on bonus and she is in the medical field..

There is good and there is bad in anything you guys do in life..do it fore your selves .

I hope my opinion has helped you along the way here in the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Air Force-jet-teeth1233419.jpg   Air Force-wc-130j_050901-f-5515j-001.jpg   Air Force-usnavyblueangel.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 05-11-2009, 10:27 PM

For what it's worth my brother-in-law somewhat recently transferred from the infantry to the air force. He is in the reserves, and was finishing law school at the time and he just couldn't keep up with what the army demanded of him. He is much happier in the air force and was recently promoted to captain, and approved or whatever it's called to join the JAG. The military is a great way to find meaning and purpose, but only after really trying to understand yourself, and your meaning of life. For me life is for living, I try to stay as far from irrational ideals and really think for myself, but I can't deny the military is an experience that would improve anyone, at least somewhat.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Antarctica
Hmm... Honestly, I just wanna go in to serve the country first, and then second I want to do whatever I'm assigned to do. Idk.

Yes okay "I just wanna go in to serve the country" thats all fine and good.

NO, NO, NO "I want to do whatever I'm assigned to do"...BAD IDEA

Just suppose you get assigned to be the base $hit scooper; you really want to spend 4 years walking around picking up dog turds?

You need to check out the jobs/training you want and then go negotiate with the recruiter.
Remember the recruiters have quotas to meet and that is good and bad.
They can be sneaky lying scum to get you signed up.........yet on the other hand them needing to make quota can help you negotiate the job you want.

Last edited by hondadude; 05-15-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:35 AM

Made up my mind. I took a practice ASVAB the other day ago and made an 85. The recruiter (who is pretty cool and down to earth) told me I don't need to study for the real test. I decided I'm going to try signing up for computer programming if I score high enough on the ASVAB and on whatever test you need to take to enter that specific field. If I can't get into that field, then my second option is linguistics since I found out that I can study foreign languages and learn them pretty fast, but that means I also have to pass the DLAB test. I really hope I get to go into programming because I'll get to go to tech school at Keesler AFB, which is the base I work at right now as a civilian. I'll get to be close to home and friends and family before I end up shipping out to somewhere else. Anyway, I feel this is the right direction for me. All I need now is to get my transcript to my recruiter so I can start Basic as an E3. Wish me luck guys! I'll keep you all updated.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck! Everybody has to decide for themselves about what to do with life, but serving our country is a good thing. And it's not a lightweight decision.

Even though HondaDude couldn't find any Titans to work on after getting out, we can still appreciate his service.

Quick Reply: Air Force