Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Apple I-Phone!! This thing is sweet

Old 01-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Default Apple I-Phone!! This thing is sweet

So here's a picture of the prototype finally and some features.... I can't believe they went cingular only though that just ticks me off... We don't even have cingular service here!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/10/te...cnd-pogue.html

Old 01-11-2007, 02:41 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Apple I-Phone!! This thing is sweet

That does look pretty cool! But im not a big fan of the iPod. I think I just saw some debate between the iPhone and Cisco company today, but cant find it.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:56 AM

technology these days i tell yall...but nice looking phoen though..

Old 01-11-2007, 06:41 PM

there is a lawsuit against apple bcs of that phone ,,, cisco owns copyright to iPhone name since 2000 ..
really good gadget tho

Old 01-11-2007, 08:50 PM

That lawsuit is actually quite amusing... I read up on it when it first came out so to speak... essentially what I read stated that cisco had plans to use that name and kind of decided on the "iPhone" name for one of their VOIP Phones but didn't trademark it until like 2005 or early 2006 but because of their intentions they were claiming that they had rights to the name since 2000.... It's a weird one and I know my explination doesn't do it justice but the whole suit is kind of weird....

Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM

Here's an article that more clearly explains it... apparnetly cisco bought a company that owned the name "iPhone" in 2000 but didn't use the name at all for numerous years.... good article about BS though!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6253067.stm

Old 01-12-2007, 12:59 AM

Cool phone but alotta stupid things involved. I know they have rights to it but cant they just think of another name. Apple wouldn't have a flow if they didn't name their phone iphone. It makes no sense that a company that I never heard of try to say the "I" is theirs

Oh and "We owned that since 2000" thats like little kids exaggerating things everytime they tell a story or arguing about how big their "toy dinosaur" is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6253067.stm
If the parties fail to reach agreement, then no doubt Apple will seek to rely on its enormous reputation in the iPod brand in support of the argument that the "i" prefix has become synonymous with Apple in the minds of the public for these kinds of products, and that it distinguishes their goods from those of others (and that anyone else using an "i" prefix is trading unlawfully off their reputation).
EXACTLY!!

Old 01-12-2007, 05:48 PM

That is a really interesting point because Cisco (there better known name would be Linksys) manufactures some of the best routing hardware in the world but they are little know to the common user. I don't think they stand to gain much by use of the name iPhone where as it's a big deal for apple. I think that if they (Cisco) do legally own the rights apple should just pay them a sum of money and be allowed to use the name and Cisco should choose a name/style that would associate their product with their lines of equipment like "LinkPhone" or confuse people even more and call it the "IPPhone"