Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Best pocket bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Default Best pocket bike?

So this post has nothing to do with Accords, just decided to use the off topic section to ask about something different from Hondas.
I want to save up for a pocket bike over the summer. I love my Accord to death, but it's just too expensive to drive and maintain, and I'm too busy.
I want to know if anybody on here knows anything about pocket bikes, and can give me any advice on which one to get. The main use is going to be for getting to and from school. It's less than 2 miles away, and it's mostly a 30ish degree incline getting there.
I need something really reliable with enough power to climb hills for preferably under 500 dollars if possible. Any suggestions would be useful! I might not get one until sometime during the summer, when I can afford one without financially hurting myself.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by markssmiths
Motorcycle hobby for many people, but there are also people who love them, but not daring enough to ride them. Most manufacturers realized this and this is why they made the bike. Electric or gas powered pocket bikes, small motorcycles that can be done. Pocket bike for sale, many people are looking for and most of them are very satisfied with them. Pocket bikes are a variety of features which make them really convenient: they are generally smaller than motorcycles, they are very fast and they usually are not so expensive motorcycle.

Pocket Bike Race is commonly used because they are very fast and most people who buy them are professional bikers. They also can be used for recreational purposes.Electric Bike and a variety of people who want to care about the environment used by the pollution. Gas powered bikes are chosen by the people in racing.

To find the bike is not as difficult as one might think. You can only find the right business.Buying a pocket bike is a great deal of very little value to you as an opportunity to purchase a high quality product. You can only select the right vendor, and you can be sure you made the right choice.

This is why we recommend that you see many websites on the bike and all the information and advice that can help select the best product for this. On this website you have all their features, which are the best manufacturers, authorized dealers and that the unauthorized trading in the low quality of the pocket bike will sell.
It seems like you just copied and pasted that from somewhere... haha. But anyways, I do want a gas powered one, screw electrical bikes! If there's a diesel powered bike for an affordable price, that would be awesome!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Administrator

I think he did just copy that from somewhere's..

Old 04-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Supper Moderator

pocket rockets are pretty cool. I have a few friends who are big into racing them. My boy has a honda and swapped out the little 50cc engine for a dirt bike 250cc engine. and that thing fly’s. You can't really fully rev the engine out all the way it's just way too much power but so fun to ride. Iv been thinking of buying one and doing a engine swap to make it have some pep in it's step b/c stock 50cc engine blows!

Old 04-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

G22 - I think the OP is referring to pocket bikes you are talking about mini bikes - 2 different kinds of bikes.

I bought one from Italy a few years ago - it reved to 23,000 RPM's

I hurt myself on it badly, it would lift the front tire on power alone in the corners - very dangerous. I was on crutches for around 2 weeks. A friend of mine begged me to borrow it, he ended up in the hosiptal and I got the bike back in a box (well what was left of it) I paid around $1,500 for it. It was a Blata like this one

I think they are a ton of fun but really belong on a racetrack not the street, here in teh USA racing them is not popular.

The new breed of pocket bikes (Chinese Knock-offs) I know nothing about but I do see them for sale all over the place. Probably much safer as they do not have the power of the Italian bikes.

OP if it is the Chinese pocket bikes you are looking at they are all the same anyway, 99% are made by the same manufacturer Goka and then private labeled for resale.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:23 AM

Here is a Chinese one

They look pretty bad***!!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

So coming from someone who knows nothing about them, and i have never seen anyone with one in my area, are they legal to drive on the road, or are you going to drive it on the sidewalk or something to get to your destination?

Me personally, I would get a Honda CBR1000RR or a Ducati 1098

Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by live2rice
So coming from someone who knows nothing about them, and i have never seen anyone with one in my area, are they legal to drive on the road, or are you going to drive it on the sidewalk or something to get to your destination?

Me personally, I would get a Honda CBR1000RR or a Ducati 1098
I do not think you are getting the scale of them.

Mine weighed around 17 lbs IIRC and went around 50 MPH

They are tiny, about as tall as your knees.

The Chinese ones are a bit larger

Fun for a lap or two around the neighborhood but nothing you would want to ride for a while.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah I get the size of them. I'm just wondering where you ride them, because it doesn't seem like something that would be safe to drive on the road next to 5,000lb vehicles.

And I think a real bike would be better, hence my suggestions

Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM

you ride them like you ride a go cart
either on a track or around the neighborhood.

I bought mine to drive around the warehouse that my friends and I used to ride our stunt bikes around on the weekends.

Quick Reply: Best pocket bike?