Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Bowlers! What do you throw?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Bowlers! What do you throw?

that'd be like a dog in the bathtub.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:41 PM

Hot

[IMG]local://upfiles/12158/C8CD1870113E4B869B46DF9E6FAF60F5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12158/66D8D322596C403F88FC06D6FF3A0BDA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2007, 04:12 PM

When I bowl,I am usually getting really wasted. or I will go to the "mistic bowling" where they have the blacklights everywhere and play loud music. But I quit bowling when they took away smoking in the bowling alley. Bwling is not bowling when you can't fire one up after you hit a strike or chugged a beer in celebration of someone else rolling a gutter ball.
My scores were usually all over the place. Sometimes I could approach 200 (I don't think I ever broke it) and other times I'm lucky to break 100.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:57 PM

I stay away from ebonite for the most part...they make decent stuff, but i just dont have a use for it. they release something every 6 days, and its impossible to keep up with it.
what do you bowl around chicago? boot hills? that's the only thing worthwhile. for a huge city, chicago is a terrible bowling town.
Haha.. no no I work at Brunswick Zone (In Mt Prospect)m bowl there as well as Vernon Hills (where they had the Windy City Classic, also being bought out by Brunswick), River Grove, and SOON at Carol Stream. (mostly Brunswick houses, sometimes AMF but it gets expensive w/o employee discount).
I agree, bowling ***** have to compliment eachother-- I bowl with mostly Ebonite because I have gotten a lot of free things from them, and my recent purchases are based on Research and watching... Raid & NVS are gonna give me a semi when I throw them.
Have you gotten a Twisted Fury? I am THINKING about picking one up for two reasons... 1) It rolls like the Radical Inferno but does not squirt in the oil, so it's confident 2) the one at my pro-shop is almost entirely a pink swirl.. I think it would be hilarious to throw a pink ball
If you ever plan on bowling by there, send me a MSG and maybe I'll hook you up.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 PM

i hated my radical infernos. the rg diff was too high for the coverstock. it squirted all over the place. it was like the intense. it was plaque 7-10 or 9 pin. When I was at Purdue, the ho's and the guys with little hand did well with those *****. Higher rev players seemd to have my issues.

Anyway, i might bowl in the area on new years eve. I am heading back to the midwest over the break, and Ricky Hara usually runs ana event the morning of the 31st...cant remember what center its at...on waukegan rd i beleive. morton grove mybe?

Old 12-17-2007, 12:47 PM

sounds about right... Morton Grove-- maybe I'll check it out if I'm not working til 5pm that day (Yeah I have to work on New years.. but at least I got off Christmas- last year I worked Christmas for a Jewish League.. not an exaggeration)

Anywho-- Yeah when I first started throwing the radical, I had a little hand and did well.. then I got better THEN it got "squirty" that's why I'm looking at the Twisted Fury b/c the cover stock actually picks up the oil a little, gets through the heads and moves with a little bit of confidence that you may not have seen since the original Inferno[8D]Didn't enjoy my Total Inferno or my Ultimate Inferno as much as I would have liked... oh well different strokes...

Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 PM

original inferno was a great ball.

coverstock on the ultimate and total were extremely agressive...didnt have the longevity that the other activator coverstocks did / do. more like ebonite! haha

Old 12-17-2007, 04:13 PM

Smaglik you never did answer the question....what do you bowl?

Old 12-17-2007, 05:40 PM

He's probably tryin' to be humble about it.
"Oh, you know, I might bowl 285 if I've been drinking."[&:]

Old 12-17-2007, 07:50 PM

bowling has a lot of similarities to golf.

some events it takes a 240 avg to win

others it takes 195-200 avg to win

i've won both types.

Quick Reply: Bowlers! What do you throw?