Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Which Car Company Is The Best!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Default Which Car Company Is The Best!!!!

All right people, lets brawl this one out, who is the best car manufacturer of all time - Honda, Ford, Toyota, Chevrolet, Nissan, Dodge, Mazda, or Daimler Chrysler???

Old 02-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Default RE: Which Car Company Is The Best!!!!

I don't have the foggiest idea. Probably the first car company you brought from is the one you love.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:55 AM

Hard to say. The Big Three had a major influence that held sway for a number of decades, that's something hard to beat. But now, things are changing, and changing fast. If Ford, Chevy, and Dodge want to keep up with the Japanese manufacturers, they really need to be innovative and cost conscious. I think the German manufactures have been very succesful, but not as pervasive as either the Japanese or American makers. Great cars, but not for the masses. If I were to have to say the best, of all time? Either Toyota or Honda. Each has a luxury division and they have very high quality cars. Although, Toyota might edge Honda out just because they also have an 'affordable' brand - Scion, and they also have an advanced knowledge of hybrid technology.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM

stevephy: that is very true, toyota does have a great deal of knowledge of hybrids, but heres a mind boggler, you want something that gets great gas mileage and still hauls some serious *** and has enough room for you and the kids, you'd get an Accord Hybrid, 255HP!!! Damn, honda knows what theyre doing when it comes to performance

Old 02-26-2006, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: F23AccordLX

stevephy: that is very true, toyota does have a great deal of knowledge of hybrids, but heres a mind boggler, you want something that gets great gas mileage and still hauls some serious *** and has enough room for you and the kids, you'd get an Accord Hybrid, 255HP!!! Damn, honda knows what theyre doing when it comes to performance
but at 30-35k...?

Old 02-26-2006, 06:35 PM

Hey man, you get what you pay for. I would pay 35,000$ for a car that rides like a BMW 7-series, gets the gas mileage of a Civic, and has as almost as much horsepower as a 2001 Mustang GT

Old 02-28-2006, 11:50 AM

I used to say chevy all the way, but now the way lay-offs are goin' american car companies realy need to step it up. The car I wanted for my first was the 02 ss black t-top camaro. I got pushed into this market and now I love it, so now that I'm done telling my story of me. I got to go with stevephy on what he said, but I would still buy honda over toyota anyday (except supra)

Old 02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I agree with all of you guys. Most all of the car manufactures produce something that is either worth driving stock or worth taking the time to work on to make it better. You can go through nissan and pick out many cars there. But the only one im going to mention (because i drive it monthly) is the 350z. Its an awesome car in all aspects and you can find information about upgrading it cause its also a tuner car. And my lazy *** brother is trying to get me to do all the research about turboing/supercharging HIS car so he doesnt have to pay a shop to do it.
Youve got ford with the mustangs and the focus rally cars. Prefer either the really old mustangs or the newest design.
Honda...... what cant you work on with honda's cars... i mean seriously.
Dodge I feel kinda left the awesome stage when they stopped making the stealth twin turbo. But theyve got a few cars that are worth driving.
Mitsubishi has a smorgesborg of cars which ive seen people upgrade and everyone here knows about the evo viii already. ^_^ And of course most every car is worth driving in some way shape or form. Oh and can anyone tell me who came up with the design for the 3000gt/stealth? Cause they are the same car.
Acura - see honda cause they are the same damn thing!
Mazda has everyone favorite to hear about rotary engine cars the rx7/8 granted when it comes to enginework...... yeeeeeah...... I wouldnt want to touch those. But rx7's are worked on a lot.
Chrysler - dont care, they are in the end luxury cars.

As for any hybrids..... i think those still have a ways to go before they become worth while. Then you have to consider the fact if you want it faster you really cant do that much work on them.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:46 PM

It's questions like this that I've always viewed as multi-faceted... For example what are we talking about? who makes the best daily driver for ride and comfort? Who makes the car that's the most fun? etc... I work at a car/marine dealership and every company has it's good and it's bad points it all comes down to what you want... However, if you want to get into the "...of all time..." aspect of it you need to consider the biggest influence? most reliable vehicles? To me that's kind of a question that can not be answered on a broad range like that.... you almost need to break it down into multiple groups and choose a winner for each category then you can decide whoever won the most categories could be labled the best.... Kinda Cartoon Olympics style... So who's produced the most? Most purchased? Most reliable? Longest in business? Largest Current manufacturer? Most Luxurious? Most race worthy (WRC, Formula 1, NASCAR, and Drag)? and perhaps a few more categories....

Old 02-28-2006, 09:57 PM

I think that the best overall manufacture is Honda. Honda has a good mix of all types of car. I think that almost every manufacture has at least one good car. I think that Mercedes Benz is way overrated. MB really doesn't make any good cars, people just buy them because of the name. MB doesn't have a really fast car, except the SLR McLaren. I've heard that thier luxury cars aren't really that great. My friend has a C230 that i've ridin in many times. When i sit and look around, i don't see anything special except it has the Benz symbol.

Quick Reply: Which Car Company Is The Best!!!!