Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

CarSponsorship dot com

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default CarSponsorship dot com

So about 3 weeks ago my buddy and i were doing the usual,looking at funny youtube vid's or what not, when i came accross the website carsponsorship.com, So both of us aplied to get our cars sponsored by sponsors i guess, he drives a '00 Si, and i have my Accord, The site claimed it was free. So this morning i got a call around 8 am from car sponsorship.com saying that my car got chosen from thousands to be "sponsored" by over 30 companies. The only thing he needed to get it done was my credit card info.

Long story short,lol, I hung up the phone, dont want to risk the chance of getting my identity or finances stolen. Has anyone heard of these people, they say they work for Universal Studios(the movie company)..

Old 09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: CarSponsorship dot com

i checked out their site a while ago, they have had displays at multiple car shows i've been at so i assume they are legit.

but most of the companies they get you sponsorships with are subpar

Old 09-08-2008, 03:04 PM

I just signed up for the heck of it.. But they fed me crap like i just need to attend car shows,local meets,hand out flyers blah blah... all while i was in bed dreaming of driving in tokyo next to the Drift King in a wide body rx-7. lmao.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator

We have had sponsorhip for years and have never been asked for a credit card...Drop Them Like there Hot..Not to Give up credit car ..No...NO

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/9B73303868224490A43A1ABD997F39DA.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: cjdm98

I just signed up for the heck of it.. But they fed me crap like i just need to attend car shows,local meets,hand out flyers blah blah... all while i was in bed dreaming of driving in tokyo next to the Drift King in a wide body rx-7. lmao.
thats how sponsorships work, they dont give you free/discounted parts for nothing, they want you to promote their product

Old 09-08-2008, 03:18 PM

The clouds are clearing.. lol

Old 09-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Yeah I remember this deal from a few years back. I guess its still around.

I wouldnt do it since they have you put things on your car that you may not want in the first place. Also, I dont like being all flashy with my cars; I love the clean sleeper looks.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I also looked into it a couple years ago. You submit your vehicle, agree to attend multiple car shows, and then have to pay an $80 registration fee (cost may have changed) and then you can receive partial sponsorhips/discounts. I have heard of some people getting really crappy discounts like 15% or no-name companies. But I would check into it more. Keep us updated.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:56 PM

i was at hot import nights and saw their add's so i checked it out and payed the 80 dollar "agency fee." the salesman fed me bull like i will have full sponsors and get stuff for free. so i payed for the heck of it basically all the companys you can get dicounts from are companys carsponsorships own so they win twice if that makes sense. they dont own all the companys but a lot of them they do.

worst 80 bucks i spent, much would have rather burned it.