Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Christmas Gift Ideas (Help me!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Default Christmas Gift Ideas (Help me!)

So I have to say beforehand that I don't like the idea of messing with christmas crap before Thanksgiving, it drives me nuts. However, I have fallen victim to department store marketing and because of "black friday" all of my family wants to know what I want for christmas before then. That being said I can never seem to come up with what I want/need for christmas (aside from the big flatscreen TV that everyone wants if they don't have one already). For that reason I'm starting this thread, what do you want and what's a good idea for signifigant others? I need some ideas, lets help each other out.

This is the only thing I can think of so far, it's a loaded tool tote. I already have all my sockets and wrenchs. Let the ideas flow!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...amp;lpage=none

Old 11-10-2007, 01:26 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Christmas Gift Ideas (Help me!)

I want a flat screen tv. Just saw some ads....37' for $549! As for presents..since my mom quit her job to go to school I dont get any Christmas presents...so thats pretty sucky. Well actually its major sucky, so I may save up and completly go crazy for myself!

As far as other people go...if I have money, I plan on buying them set type things instead of random stuff.
Like, maybe a camera and a few photo frames and a SD card.
For my mom,I might get her a manicure certificate and lke a mini spa certificate.
Dad, Food gift cards, case of oil, nuts, and w/e else.

haha but I just came up with that....so yeah. lol Good luck!

Old 11-10-2007, 01:28 PM

so what kind of things would you want for yourself? I also have no idea what to ask for from people (I have a hard time getting gifts actually....) I figured a bunch of accord lovers like myself probably have similar taste so if someone on here would like it there's a chance I would to then I can ask for it *L*

Old 11-10-2007, 05:59 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yeah, I always have a hard time coming up with a list as well.

It always seems like throughout the year yo say "Oh, id love to have that" and then when Christmas comes you forget about every single thing you said that about!

I like gift cards, because you can use them when you want, but one of the pre-paid credit cards are even better b/c you can use them anywhere. Gas cards are a + too. As for other things, I dont really know. Maybe some rechargeable batteries, couple pairs of jeans, any cool electronic gadget...idk. I'll reply later.

Oh and last night I was up until 2 am helping a friends family move...and a hint I may give to all you men out there. If you ever plan to move and your wife/girlfriend wants a nice piece of furniture....pick out something light! Moving solid oak entertainment centers, and computer desks is pretty dumb at crazy hours in the morning after your UHAUL POS doesnt start. Ok, sry. It was a rant.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:08 PM

The gift that keeps on giving, and is guaranteed to please ................. money - a big wad of sweaty money.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 PM

WOW! Tony, thats my idea of a Present lol i love $$$....That could be a Random anyday present NOT just for Christmas!! lol
I want gift cards and Honda Swag...And a nice CD stereo for my Honda

Old 11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
UAA

i say cut out the middle man, get the really big flatscreen, and put it in your honda.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:56 PM

nasty, do you have a creeper? something like this: http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,.../selectZip.htm
I am asking for one of those.
I was going to wait to get a floor jack & jack stands for Christmas but I had to change the fan motor on the money pit and I needed to go ahead & buy them.
I am wanting to get my wife a Garmin (expensive but needed.)
She also wants a photoshopping program for the computer (nothing fancy) but I am kind of clueless which one I'll get. I'll probably go to BestBuy and browse.
WalMart has great Charcoal grills for like $30 - The in laws got me one last year. I'm getting one for my dad this year as his grill is falling apart.
I've asked my wife for a few odds and ends in the garage like one of those plastic low profile oil catch pans that are easy to drain your oil into without missing and making a huge mess.
Women are always hard to shop for. As soon as they mention anything new you need to write it down immediately. My wife is notorious for remembering if I said I wanted something. Then she may mention something she wants ONCE in JUNEand expect me to remember 6 months later when Christmas rolls around. I've started making notes in my phone

Old 11-11-2007, 11:42 PM

x2 on the creeper! I got one too and it makes oil changes a breeze. Mine is in red though. They didn't have that sexy blue one
I think i'm gonna get my gf for xmas a nice bluetooth headset for her cell phone. As for me, I don't know what I want. Maybe an air compressor with some air tools? That'd be dope.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:11 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hmmm.....I think my dad may like a flourescent light that hangs from the ceiling on a reel. Or some cheap speakers for the walls when hes working in the garage.

Quick Reply: Christmas Gift Ideas (Help me!)