Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Clueless employees at parts stores

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Default Clueless employees at parts stores

So i was driving around town the other day in my '96 Nissan 240sx(don't hate)that I just bought and it started raining. I then noticed that I didn't have any wiper blade inserts on my wipers so I stopped by a local AdvanceAutoParts. I told the guy at the counter my cars year, make, model, etc. and what I needed. He starts looking it up on the computer and asks me atleast 4 times what year, make , model my car is. So after about 10 minutes of stairng at the computer he finally finds the blades I want. Then I walk outside and wait for him to put them on. It was pouring down rain so I stood under the building while he got soaked. After watching him try to remove the first wiper blade for 3 minutes, I took it upon myself to show him how to do it. I ended up changing both of them and getting fu**ing drenched. Has anyone else encountered employees at parts stores who probably have no idea what a spark plug is? I mean this is probably my 5th or 6th time encountering a completely clueless employee at a parts store.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:49 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Clueless employees at parts stores

At my Advance they always knpw what they are doing. Never had a problem, same with AutoZone

Old 10-13-2007, 12:08 PM

Wow they actually were going to put the blades on for you? They never do that for me, but they do that stuff for my sister. I noticed at the local auto zone they hire a lot of cute girls, well cute for auto parts places, and they don't know anything. One of them didn't even know they could take transmission fluid....and she's been denying customers for over a year diposal of the fluid! Luckily some guy was there and was like, what are you talking about? Of course we can get rid of transmission fluid. Kragen seems to be better when it comes to knowledge, but I prefer autozone due to location.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda
.................Then I walk outside and wait for him to put them on. It was pouring down rain so I stood under the building while he got soaked. ..................................
Yeah, that would **** me off, too.[:@]
Next time, buy your parts at your local Nissan dealer. Theywill be more thanhappy to installthem for you.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:35 PM

19Accord97- Youre one of the lucky ones then. It seems like half of the employees at Autozone or Advance around here don't go through any training or anything. They are that clueless

ckebottle- Yes they do free wiper blade installation. And yes there is a cute blonde who works at the same Advance I was talking about. She can work a cash register and computer but she couldn't tell you anything about a car.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:09 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

lol That is really funny, because at both places they have women working there as well and they know just as much as the men! Seems like I am super lucky! haha

Oh, and as far as location, Advance Auto and AutoZone are about 20 feet apart from each other...and not inone spot, but two! I think its hilarious because at either side of town you can walk next door into the other store!

Old 10-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

They only time I get decent assistance is when the asian guy is working at check and he happens to own an Accord as well. Otherwise, the others workers all seem to be Chevy/Ford/Dodge people, it's horrible.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 PM

There is an asian guy at the local kragens who had a 6th gen accord. I still don't go there because I don't like the location. Hard to get in and out of so I just auto zone it and get poor cust svc (not really poor, confused cust svc) given by a somewhat cute latina. lol As long as I know what I need i'll generally auto zone it. If I have questions about what I might need, i'll kragen it. Generally I know what I need b/c of this great forum

Old 10-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

To quote george carlin:

"Think of how stupid the average person is. Then, realize that half the people out there are stupider than that."

Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM

they do that too around here, they hire cute girls so you keep buying at that store... makes sense to me, great marketing

Quick Reply: Clueless employees at parts stores