Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Convince me to buy an Accord Coupe =)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:05 PM
pcpower
Unregistered
Default Convince me to buy an Accord Coupe =)

Watup all!

I drive a 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL... pretty good stuff,,, BUT, I severely miss driving a car with a manual transmission. I like to consider myself more of a fast n furious cliche type, rather than an old phart,,, so I need a m/t ASAP. hehe :P

I could swap to Accord Coupe's #1competitor Altima Coupe,, but I'd like to keep my options open.... As Altima has some interior quality issues,, and the new Accord's styling is very cool..................

A few questions which would really help me out if you could answer,,, (specific to the Accord Coupe V-6 with Manual Transmission),,

Is the car okay in snow,, snowstorms, etc,, or are winter tires highly recommended?

Do you consider the V-6 beastly fast in the first 3 gears,, or is it just okay?

Are there a decent assortment of performance mods available (exhaust, intake, headers, etc),, or are these still in development?

Any other reasons why an Accord Coupe trumps an Altima Coupe??

thx!! [8D]

Old 08-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Default RE: Convince me to buy an Accord Coupe =)

Since I have the 4 cylinder I cant help, but go test drive one. I dont think you will be sorry. I test drove the nissan and the honda and hands down I like the Honda better.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

About the tires, Im a fan of winter tires anyway. Seems like EVERY car is going to wider & wider tires for better performance everywhere EXCEPT snow. Thats just the opposite of what you want in snow. I even use winter tires on my 9.2x (WRX).

I always found Hondas to be real good in snow, but havent driven a Nissan in snowlately. I used to have a 72 Datsun 510 which was absolutely awesome in snow...

Old 08-22-2008, 03:49 PM

There are next to no aftermarket parts for the V-6. Headers are impossible because the exhaust manifolds are part of the block.
Trading an '08 on an '08? Wow, you're gonna take it in the shorts no matter what you trade for! Altima's six speed manual is just horrible, there is no excuse for that whatsoever. The Accord's is like butter and close ratio at that, oh, it's quite happy on 87 octane too. Let's see....0-60 in under six seconds on regular fuel? SOLD!!!!!!

Here's a comparo:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123357

Old 08-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Good link there Tex...that should help him with a decision...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-22-2008, 11:11 PM

Uh VTEC? [8D]

I know the 08 Accord has 260hp and still manages 30mpg

Old 08-23-2008, 06:35 AM
pcpower
Unregistered

thankee all for the replies,,,

good stuff. The only thing I'm finding difficult in my area is finding a v6 w/ m/t,,, they all seem to be automatics in the big dealers here. I will do some more searching.

thx!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: blinkz0rz

Uh VTEC? [8D]

I know the 08 Accord has 260hp and still manages 30mpg
Well, wrong on both counts!

That's only for the automatic (29), the six speed is rated at 25 highway. Also it's 271 HP not 260. Any more incorrectadvice I can help with? [sm=joke.gif]

Old 08-23-2008, 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: pcpower

thankee all for the replies,,,

good stuff. The only thing I'm finding difficult in my area is finding a v6 w/ m/t,,, they all seem to be automatics in the big dealers here. I will do some more searching.

thx!
Good luck on that one. I have two dealers within an hour drive and have been waiting since the 08 coupes came out for a six speed to test drive. Guess I'll wait for an '09 now.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Unfortunately, you and you alone can answer your question. People can state facts and/or fiction -lay it out on the table and give you all the comparo's. But what it boils down to is -you are in an Accord forum. As much as we want to try to do an unbiased statement, we'll still lean towards suggesting buying an Accord. All the same -go to anAltima forum and you will get the same response from the people there praising their Altima's and s$%t. You may get one or two nay-sayers but that goes to every car forum as well. Driving a car is like having a wife - I guess. You can't really say you like it until you drive it ( for a while of course) and since you've already own an Altima -you can give your best review of it and the worst. But just test driving an Accord V-6 M/T -you may feel it right away or you may not. But trhen again -from what you're saying -you have to find one first. So convince you to buy an Accord. Unless your mind is made up on buying one or not. There's really no need for you to be or get convinced.

Quick Reply: Convince me to buy an Accord Coupe =)