Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

damage from getting rear ended Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Default damage from getting rear ended Saturday

i got rear ended Saturday. she hit me so hard that she knocked my radio console out of the dash and snapped the pegs off the top of my radiator causing a leak. there was a hole in the top of the radiator almost big enough to stick my pinky finger into.

Name:  P1011655.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  39.2 KB
Name:  P1011658.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  49.3 KB

i was ready to kick her butt after she hit me. i was amazed at how well the back bumper held up. she told the cops that she was only going like 3mph BS!!! she was going faster then that to rip the radio out and knock the pegs off the radiator.

i replaced the radiator in a gas station parking lot because of how big the whole was. i was working on it until 2am, as i was working oh the radiator my neck started hurting so bad that i couldn't even hardly turn my head to the left. I was also exhausted so wanted some sleep before i went to the hospital.

i decided to go to the hospital Sunday at about 8pm and didn't get out of there till 4am Monday morning then after leaving before getting home I got a flat tire.

Name:  P9121664.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  50.5 KB

While running errands Monday my car started to over heat again. having changed out the radiator i suppose i hadn't gotten an accurate reading on how much tranny fluid was in there causing the car to over heat. (atleast i hope that's all it was)

so i guess in the next couple days i have an appraiser coming out to look at my car and asses the damage.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

I hope you are ok. I know we hate to have damage to our cars but damage/injury to people is even worse.

Let us know how it turns out with the insurance......might not have to figure out that D4 light sorry was looking for something on the bright side, please don't take that wrong.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM

yes i am fine. Sunday my neck hurt pretty bad and went to the hospital but i am much better now. from time to time my neck is still a little touchy but not like it was. Sunday i couldn't even turn my head left.

got a call back from the appraiser today. he gave the insurance company an estimation to fix the bumper but couldn't remember the exact dollar amount and told me that if i didn't hear from them in the next few days to call them. he said it's also not up to him weather the replacement of the radiator gets covered hope it does get covered. that was money i couldn't afford to spend on a radiator.

and yes i know you were trying to look on the bright side i'm not taking that part the wrong way. thanks

oh and since you mentioned the D4 light it hasn't started flashing again in over a week *knocks on wood* i think that means it must be the computer. if it was something else i'm sure it would have failed again by now.

Last edited by Honda_Lady; 09-14-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:15 PM

I can't really see any damage on the first picture.

Based on how old your car is you sure all those conditions of your car weren't pre-existing?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:07 PM

you really wanna play this game? i washed my car Thursday September 8th 2011 and took pictures to post on one of the forums i hang out on.

BEFORE getting rear ended taken Thursday September 8th 2011.
Name:  before-getting-rear-ended.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  3.9 KB

AFTER getting rear ended taken Saturday September 10th 2011.
Name:  after-getting-rear-ended.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  3.7 KB

tradosaurus see the damage now?!? that is from her grill. oh and i'm not blaming the tire on her.

AND as far as the radiator is concerned i had no problem what so ever with any leaking before that chick hit me. the radiator was replace shortly before i got the car 4 years ago.

Last edited by Honda_Lady; 09-14-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

yea its no fun gettin in an accident. or having your car messed with in any way. i was leaving my job at the dodge dealership a few weeks ago, and i was at the red light to go right, the girl in front of me didnt realize that she could turn on red. but i wasnt in a hurry, so i waited, just listenin to music. then it turned green, i see her brake lights flicker, then reverse lights lol. my first thought was oh ok maybe she put it in park, NOOPPPEEEE! she slowly started backin up, i put mine in reverse, but before the tranny could change she hit me. man i wish i had a five speed lol. but no damage was done, and she was scared out of her mind, so i just let it slide. point is, people are stupid, uncareful, and just plain rude when it comes to driving. but so long as her insurance will fix your car, and your not too badly hurt, its ok. they say bad things come in 3s, seems like you got lucky and all 3 happened at once lol

Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 PM

with drivers anymore its "me me me" no one cares about anyone else on the road. i'm glad it wasn't worse and that she had insurance.

i'm glad you didn't have any damage when she backed into you.

lol yea mine happened all at once. hope that means i'll have a break for a while.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Honda_Lady
you really wanna play this game? i washed my car Thursday September 8th 2011 and took pictures to post on one of the forums i hang out on.

BEFORE getting rear ended taken Thursday September 8th 2011.

AFTER getting rear ended taken Saturday September 10th 2011.

tradosaurus see the damage now?!? that is from her grill. oh and i'm not blaming the tire on her.

AND as far as the radiator is concerned i had no problem what so ever with any leaking before that chick hit me. the radiator was replace shortly before i got the car 4 years ago.
Taken Out By WheelBrokerAng...

Old 09-15-2011, 04:25 PM

really tradosaurus?!?! you think i want to fake an accident for insurance fraud?!?! that Bad Driver slammed the POOP out of me. it may not look like much but she pushed us atleast a foot when she hit us and then acted like she was going to take off. now i have whiplash and so does my mom. i will always have problems now because of the whiplash!!! you are a ********!! you don't know me. you don't know anything about me so how the HECK can you assume i'm just out get get insurance money?!?!?!?!?! IF I HAD KNOWN I WAS GONNA GET REAR ENDED I WOULD HAVE STAYED HOME thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and by the way, in that video that was a tap. the one that hit me was going a HECK of a lot faster then that!!!

Last edited by WheelBrokerAng; 09-15-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Took Out Bad Words..Please No Anger On The Forum
Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Engouh already. Please. I know this is the Off Topic section but we need to still respect each other.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. Again, lets let it go.

Any questions: PM me.

Thanks

Quick Reply: damage from getting rear ended Saturday