Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Democrat Rangel calls for a MILITARY DRAFT

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Default RE: Democrat Rangel calls for a MILITARY DRAFT

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

I think its kind of due to the fact that men can serve in any job in the military, whereas, due to the current rules, women can only serve in support roles. Thus, women cannot be infantry, field artillery, combat engineers, etc. Do I agree with these rules? Not neccessarily. But I think that the American public is more willing to see its sons go directly into harms way more so than its daughters.
The most amusing thing about this statement is probably something you noticed too but women can be MP's and if you recall the early parts of the war MP's were doing the door to door searchs and such, doing combat a lot and in some cases more than the infantry

Old 11-22-2006, 04:27 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Yeah, I do find it quite ironic that field artillery is off limits to females but military police is not. Of course, pretty much everyone has a good chance of seeing some type of contact, except those chumps who sat in the brigade TOC all day lol.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Tony1M

I think it should have been done 5 years ago, and I think women should be swimming right in there with the men in the draft "pool". (I know a couple of eligible young women right in the White House who would make great soldiers!)
I agree.....ALL should serve that can. Send Hillary to Gitmo, she'll scare the hell out of those prisoners.......and the soldiers......and the Cubans.....and

Old 11-25-2006, 08:09 PM

The females that were with my unit all got their fair share of "fuel baths" and drove a massive amount of miles all over the country... I think that females in an infantry unit could rise it's own set of difficulties due to the amount of adrenaline/hormones that result due to excessive combat.... I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't think america would do to well with a captured and tortured female...

Old 11-25-2006, 08:28 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Hormones would likely be an issue... The infantry guys I was around were pretty much willing to do any female around, I dont want to think of females living in their barracks. Also there is the age old argument that if an infantry platoon is charging a bunker, and one of them goes down, the soldier is more likely to stop and assist if the downed soldier is a female, rather than continuing on and completing the objective.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

With the whole female thing. Females and males are not equal. Although they are also not inferior. There are things they can do better, and things we can do better. Honestly combat for most women isn't one of them. Men and women differ too much to ever consider them equal and exactly the same. I'm neutral on the whole draft thing. I am 18 and I wouldn't want to be drafted, but I do think people who are wasting their lives and not going to college should be forced to enlist.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:42 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I think if there is a draft, women should be a part of it, but with current military rules, they wouldnt be placed into a combat MOS anyway. Who should say that men should be drafted to be medics, intel analysts, fuelers, and mechanics, when women can do those jobs as well? I know women in all of those jobs in the Army, and they are just as good as any man. So why shouldnt they be subject to a draft as well?

Old 11-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Women are too valuable to waste them on being warriors......They have a much MORE IMPORTANT job, to raise fine outsanding morally upright children.....

We as a society have lost sight of what each sex is supposed to be and they value that they offer.

It's funny you ask a woman from a country like vietnam what they most desire in life......

"To have a good husband and to have children"

ask the same question here in the states and it is

"to get as far as i can in my carrer or do what I want with no regard to my husband or family (if they have one)"

Old 11-27-2006, 01:09 AM

YeuEmMaiMai I'm a female and I agree with you 100%!!! Woman are our future... But I do think also that there are a lot of women who love their families and take their job as a parent very seriously. I have been a mother and wife for 7 years. I have always worked jobs where I could be with my child like being a nanny or a teacher assistant at my sons school. To me I don't care if I don't have a job that makes me rich. I love my son and I will sacrifice whatever I can for him. My husband does a great job of taking car of us. I'm very lucky. As for the draft who knows if it will really happen.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:44 PM
jessicaJade
Unregistered

It shouldnt be a matter of being a woman or a man! Im 22 ive been in the Air Force since 2002. I know full well I can fight a war just as well as any guy out there. Ive been deployed 3 times in the past 2 years and I love it and I wouldnt trade it for the world. Now im married with no kids and my husband is in as well and hes deployed 6 times. There is no way I could stay home and be a housewife. I just couldnt do it.

Quick Reply: Democrat Rangel calls for a MILITARY DRAFT