Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: A poll
It Sucks
0%
Needs Improvement
7.69%
Neither Good Nor Bad
0%
It Could be Worse
15.38%
I dig it and would shop from there!
76.92%
Other:
0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Does My Potentially new Site suck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Default Does My Potentially new Site suck?

I work for an automotive and marine dealership doing just about everything under the sun.... One of those thing happens to be Web stuff and I'm debating on going public with an online store.... here's a demo of the page that I threw together ... It's not active so you can't actually checkout and buy stuff off it yet but if you guys wouldn't mind I need some feedback on how it looks, functions etc. Just give me some opinions so I can improve it. And if for some strange reason you are looking for one of the products it's showing let me know and I'll hook you up.

http://www.volusion.com/demo/52359/

Old 12-01-2006, 09:34 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Does My Potentially new Site suck?

Wow! That looks really good sir_nasty. I wish I could make something like that. I say go with it, it looks very professional.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Looks good, Sir!!

Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 PM

Thanks for the replies! Anything you guys would change or stuff that drives you nuts when you're shopping online? I want it to be something that's easy to use and that people kind of enjoy looking around on... Truth be told it's actually VERY easy to do since I'm just going to use an online shopping cart/emerchant service... I haven't really had to get into html much at all on this one...

Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

The only thing that really drives me nuts when Im shopping online is links that lead to a blank page lol. That really chaps my hide.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM

looks great nice job very professional

Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 PM
MPF

Heh, it is nice

Here goes the critics:

1) Logo needs to be cleaned. Edgy crappy font. Probably extend all the way across the page, looks kind of isolated up there in the left.
2) Fix your table widths. Resizing moves everything around. It creates huge void spaces if you have a high resolution.
3) Work on the flow of the page. I would add a left frame, exactly as the right frame. That closeout link feels floating in the air.
4) Navigation bar font is too small. You got a huge gap between the company logo and accesories.
5) Our price and Sale price is confusing.... isn't Sale price "Our price" too?
6) "Welcome to the Pro Shop" color is too dark. Took me a while to find it

I really liked the page

All these comments are stuff that I would probably work on to improve it. I often take some ideas from www.templatemonster.com. But since my designs suck, next time I'll just buy the template from them.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the ideas! The logo had to be taken from elsewhere and I kind of lack any serious editing software.... (although you'd be amazed at what can be done with MS Paint *L*), I want to clean that up and extend the blue of the logo all the way accross the top to blend it a bit more and then put "Pro-Shop" on the top to the right of that logo...

When you say to fix the table widths I guess I'm confused.... I run 1280x1024 res. and it seems to fill the whole center area (in firefox, haven't tried Explorer) are you refering to the "Featured Products" section or something else?

Instead of "Our Price" what could I use? The reason being is that when something doesn't have a Sale Price then I can put in "List Price" so it refelcts "List Price" and then "Our Price"...

Thanks for the comments though!

Old 12-02-2006, 04:56 PM

Changed the title bar, made "pro-shop" more prominent, and encased the special on the left hand side.... Not sure what I think about the blue tool bar though.... thinking I might switch back to the black "bubble thing"

Old 12-03-2006, 12:39 AM

I like it just fine. You'll be making minor tweaks as long as the site exists. Nice boat brands......I love the Bennington tripletoon with the 260 I/O. I sold powerboats for almost 20 years, one of the nicest being Crownline.

Quick Reply: Does My Potentially new Site suck?