Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Drifting in the Snow!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:52 PM
MikeIsSweet
Unregistered
Default Drifting in the Snow!!

Hey everybody, winter is coming up and that means snow!! I cant wait to do some "drifting" (technically its not really drifting because accords are FWD i know that, dont need any bs about it not being drifting). my car is a 2000 Accord EX-L with stock suspension; what kind of damage, if any, could there be to the car drifting on flat, level, snow covered roads at low speed? i know im excited to do some snow drifting, are you?

Old 11-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Drifting in the Snow!!

meh. parking lot + ebrake = fun. with or without snow.
we already got some snow yesterday around these parts, i was having a little fun in the industrial park across the street [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 11-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Almost A Senior Member

We don't get snow in Cali so it's ebrake all the way.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:04 PM
MikeIsSweet
Unregistered

i live in ohio we had some rain yesterday and i spun my car around a few times but im realy looking forward to some snow covered parking lots. hehe

Old 11-18-2007, 03:03 PM

Well we don't get much snow in SC so I guess i'll just do some real drifting in my 240sx (RWD)...

Old 11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

Well we don't get much snow in SC so I guess i'll just do some real drifting in my 240sx (RWD)...
I wanted to get a 240sx over my accord but just couldn't find a decent one for my price range. Had a 95 240sx with 150k miles on it for 4.5k. Decided not to buy it after the carfax report said it began as a fleet vehicle for the first 3 yrs. A project car would have taken too long and cost too much since I would have to pay for all the work on it.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Ive always wondered the same thing. My friend and I did it in his Lumina, and I told him to put it in neutral right before we started spinning around (so maybe it wasnt drifting[8D]). Can it damage the differential?

Anyways, it was an empty sloped old car parking lot that was perfect...places to get up to speed + no lights posts. A mustang saw us doing that so he came in the high entrance did a coupel donuts, turned around, and it took him about 5 minutes to move like 30 feet! lmao He was flooring it the whole time...poor tires. Idiot kid! lol

Old 11-18-2007, 05:14 PM

hey man... what is your ACE running on?

Old 11-18-2007, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveO_f22a

hey man... what is your ACE running on?
What ????

Old 11-18-2007, 05:23 PM

whats in your engine bay? in your accord

Quick Reply: Drifting in the Snow!!