Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

False thread-starter information

Old 01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Default False thread-starter information

There is a thread in the General Tech forum that is entitled:
"87 accord timing belt tensioner torque specs"

I'm surprised to see that I'm supposedly the thread starter. I am not. Is it possible to get this corrected?

Thanks.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Supper Moderator

it looks to me as the pervious poster(s) post where removed. You where next in line so it automatically made you the thread starter. I personally don't know how to change that. Angelo would have to find a way. The only way I can see to change that is by removing your post out of the thread then gasguzzler would be the thread starter.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by g22cd5

.....................The only way I can see to change that is by removing your post out of the thread then gasguzzler would be the thread starter.
Should I try simply deleting it, or should a moderator remove it?

Thanks.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Tony..why would you remove the post..after all someone somehow posted it in your name..who else has your password ..If no one..how did it get in there anyways..

Angelo ?

Old 01-21-2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Tony..why would you remove the post..after all someone somehow posted it in your name..who else has your password ..If no one..how did it get in there anyways..

Angelo ?
That first post is post number 33 in the following thread (take particular note of the date of post #33 -- 01/21/09 -- exactly 3 years ago today):
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...belt-job-3977/

Obviously, somebody copied post 33 above and somehow started a new thread with it. Presumably, gasguzzler is the person who actually started the thread because he's the person who made the second post -- the post that should have been the first, with his username as the thread starter. The easiest way to find out how he managed to get my post first in a new thread -- something I would have previously thought impossible -- is for someone much more important than me to PM him/her and ask how it was done.

To answer your question why would I want to remove the post, for some reason I don't like it that someone can copy my stuff, start a new thread with it and then have it appear that I started a new thread when I didn't. Again, something about that just rubs me the wrong way.

I very much doubt that someone else has my password. Like the wedding gift from the Polish man to his bride on their wedding day, it's long and hard.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Supper Moderator

I don't think anyone copy and pasted anything with your name. That can't be done unless they were logged in under your name.

I think what happened like what I posted in my reply in post #2

The person who posted be4 you there post had been removed. Could have been removed on accident or it could have contained some spam or a mod could have removed the post because the user was banned from the site and when banning the person they clicked the option to remove all of the ban users post. This can happen...I have done it be4 on accident.

So I really doubt someone just copy and pasted....I think you where next inline in the thread. The posts be4 yours where removed or lost and the forum picked your name as the next of kin type deal. The only way someone can edit your post would be a mod. But we can't CREATE a post for you ONLY edit it. Angelo has more powers over us mods so he has the magic wand.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Supper Moderator

ok disregard my last post. I missed a KEY piece of info in your last post Tony...my fault.

I'm still looking into this for you tho. b/c I can't see how this was done unless someone has your account log in info.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
I don't think anyone copy and pasted anything with your name. That can't be done unless they were logged in under your name.

I think what happened like what I posted in my reply in post #2

The person who posted be4 you there post had been removed. Could have been removed on accident or it could have contained some spam or a mod could have removed the post because the user was banned from the site and when banning the person they clicked the option to remove all of the ban users post. This can happen...I have done it be4 on accident.

So I really doubt someone just copy and pasted....I think you where next inline in the thread. The posts be4 yours where removed or lost and the forum picked your name as the next of kin type deal. The only way someone can edit your post would be a mod. But we can't CREATE a post for you ONLY edit it. Angelo has more powers over us mods so he has the magic wand.
Let me be even more perfectly clear on this. At no time did I submit to that particular thread the post that now appears as the first post in that thread. I did not submit it first, second, third or fourth. In fact, I have not submitted a single post to that thread! None. Nada. Nix.

As far as I'm concerned, because I did not submit the post, it is not my post at all. That's why I've started THIS thread to get it corrected.

So, again, who's going to delete that first post and get my name removed as thread starter?

Thanks.

Edit. g22cd5, Forgive me. I submitted this post after your previous one, before reading your latest. But I figured that it took me so long to write the above that I figured I'd leave it for the record.

Last edited by Tony1M; 01-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Supper Moderator

Tony you had to have done this somehow. There is no way to fool the time/date stamp.
If you look at the "false thread" that was started and then look at post #33 The time and date stamp is IDENTICAL. You had to have done this when you were making that post (#33). You might have accidently made a new thread instead of posting in your "timing belt job" thread.

B/c you would have to have logged off and someone (with your account log in info) would have had to log in with in that SAME minute and make that post. Heck I can’t even go back and edit my post right after I posted it with in 1 min. So you HAD to have done this somehow back in 2009.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Supper Moderator

Tony I will take care of the delete for you. But you HAD to have done this somehow. Iv done the something before when doing the engine code sticky. I accidently created a new thread when I thought I was just adding another post to my sticky. It can happen and I truly think that's what went down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: False thread-starter information